Fix: Completely remove Win32/Dartsmound from Windows 10
Win32/Dartsmound is a high-risk software bundler that installs unwanted software on your system at the same time as the software you are trying to install. This Trojan sneaks into your computer, performing unauthorized modifications of system settings. The alerts from your antivirus might be the only symptom you’ll see.
Win32/Dartsmound can install a wide range of unwanted software on your computer: from adware and toolbars that slow down your Internet navigation, to malware that allow hackers to remotely access your system. Once it gets inside your computer, it immediately modifies Windows registry entries and generates lots of hidden files.
Since Win32/Dartsmound is a severe malware, uninstalling it is a priority. Below you’ll find three workarounds to completely remove Win32/Dartsmound from your computer.
Quick solution to fix various PC problems
- Step 1: Download this PC Scan & Repair tool
- Step 2: Click “Start Scan” to find issues related to malware in Windows 10
- Step 3: Click “Start Repair” to fix all issues.
Solution 1 – Uninstall all unwanted/suspicious programs
- Go to System > Apps & features
- Select the program you want to uninstall > click Uninstall
Solution 2 – Remove suspicious browser add-ons, toolbars and extensions
For Internet Explorer 11 (unavailable on Edge):
- Click on the cogwheel icon in the top right corner > Manage Add-ons
- Go to Show > select All add-ons
- Look for SoftwareBundler:Win32/Dartsmound or other suspicious add-ons.
- Select the add-on you want to delete > click on Remove > Close.
Solution 3 – Manually delete the Registry entries made by Win32/Dartsmound
- Type regedit in the search box and hit Enter
- Back up your Registry > go to File > Save the file in C:\ as registrybackup.
- Go to Edit > Find > Type SoftwareBundler:Win32/Dartsmound > click on Find Next
- Delete all items found.
Solution 4 – perform a full system scam using the antivirus software installed on your machine.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Download and install Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 10
- Windows 7 exploit is getting through the best of Microsoft’s defenses
- How to fix Norton antivirus errors on Windows 10
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]