How to fix stuck/dead pixels on laptops and monitors
Have you spotted a few pixels on your VDU that are always the same colors? If so, then you might have a dead, otherwise stuck, pixel. Stuck pixels do not always match their surrounding colors, and that’s just one type of faulty pixel you can have. There are also dead pixels that are always off.
There are a few software packages and Web tools you can fix stuck pixels with, but not necessarily dead pixels. One of those is UndeadPixel for Windows 10. This is how you can fix stuck/dead pixels on laptops and monitors with that program.
Fixing Dead Pixels with UDPixel
- First, click UDPixel v2.2 English (.exe – 52kB) on this page to save the software’s setup wizard and add UDPixel to Windows 10.
- When you’ve opened the window above, you can detect stuck pixels with its dead pixel locator options. Press one, or more, of the color buttons to locate stuck pixels.
- Alternatively, you can press Run cycle button to run a cycle of colors. Did you spot any out-of-place pixels that didn’t match the rest of the colors?
- If so, the VDU has some stuck pixels. Enter a Flash windows number that matches the number of stuck pixels you detected.
- Then you should press the Start button.
- Drag the flashing dots over the stuck pixels that the software detected.
- Now leave the software for at least a few hours and then restart Windows.
Fix Pixels with JScreenFix
An alternative to UndeadPixel is JScreenFix, which is a Web tool you can fix stuck pixels with. It has a pixel-fixing algorithm that could do the trick. This is how to fix pixels with that tool.
- Click here to open JScreenFix in the snapshot directly below.
- Next, press the Launch JScreenFix button to open the tool below.
- Now left-click the box and drag it over an area of the VDU that includes stuck pixels.
- The website claims this tool can fix stuck pixels within 10 minutes. As such, leave the pixel fixer for about 10 to 20 minutes before closing the browser or pressing the red back button.
Those are two pixel fixer tools that will probably fix stuck pixels. If they don’t, you might be able to get a VDU replacement if the faulty one is still under warranty. So check that the manufacturer warranty hasn’t expired.
The gaming industry is now filled with an abundance of means through which players can get new games. The most prominent method one could think […]
Borderlands 3 was recently released, but some PC gamers reported that it is not available in their native language. The reports suggest that they are […]
Ubisoft is well-known for the great games it dishes out every year. In fact, things we going so well for Ubisoft that they figur ethey […]