Full Fix: XPSSVCS.DLL is missing error on Windows 10, 8.1, 7
The ‘XPSSVCS.DLL is missing’ error is one that some users have encountered when attempting to install Google Cloud Print in Windows 10 and other platforms. The XPSSVCS.DLL error message states: “[1103/184546:WARNING:setup.cc(263)] File is missing: XPSSVCS.DLL… [1103/184546:ERROR:setup.cc(402)] Unable to install driver.” Consequently, a few Windows users can’t install Google Cloud Print.
This is another DLL error that can be due to a missing or corrupted DLL file. Microsoft has also conceded that the cumulative KB3176493 and KB3177725 Windows updates have print bugs, which is another factor behind this missing XPSSVCS.DLL error. Here are a few potential resolutions that might resolve the XPSSVCS.DLL is missing error in Windows 10.
How to fix XPSSVCS.DLL issues on Windows 10
XPSSVCS.DLL is missing message can sometimes appear on your PC. However, similar issues can sometimes occur as well, so here’s a list of some related problems:
- Xpssvcs.dll is gone, lost – This is a variation of the original error, but you should be able to fix it using one of our solutions.
- Xpssvcs.dll not found – If you’re getting this error message, it’s possible that your drivers are out of date. Update your drivers and check if that solves the issue.
Solution 1 – Scan Files With the System File Checker
The System File Checker is a Windows tool for fixing system files. This tool will replace missing or corrupted DLL system files. As such, the SFC is an invaluable utility for any missing DLL error. You can run an SFC scan as follows.
- Open Win + X menu and choose Command Prompt (Admin) or PowerShell (Admin) from the list.
- Once the Command Prompt opens, you need to enter sfc /scannow command and press Enter to run it.
- The scanning will now start. This process can take about 10 minutes, sometimes more, so don’t interfere with it.
After the SFC scan is finished, check if the issue is still there. If you can’t run or complete the SFC scan, you should try using the DISM scan. This is quite simple, and you can do it by following these steps:
- Start Command Prompt as administrator.
- Enter DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command and press Enter.
- DISM scan will now start. This process can take about 20 minutes, so be sure not to interrupt it.
Once the DISM scan is finished, check if the problem is still there. If you want, you can also repeat the SFC scan after a successful DISM scan just to be on the safe side.
Solution 2 – Roll Windows Back to a Previous Restore Point
If the XPSSVCS.DLL is missing message started appearing recently, it’s possible that you can fix the problem simply by performing a System Restore. In case you’re not familiar, System Restore is a feature that allows you to revert any recent changes, and by using this feature you might be able to fix this issue.
To perform a System Restore, do the following:
- Press Windows Key + S and enter system restore. Choose Create a restore point.
- Now click the System Restore button.
- When System Restore window opens, click Next.
- Check Show more restore points option. Select the restore point you want to return to and click Next.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the restoration process.
Once you successfully perform a System Restore, check if the problem is still there.
Solution 3 – Update Windows
Sometimes XPSSVCS.DLL is missing error can appear due to certain bugs on your system. Microsoft is constantly working on Windows 10, and it usually fixes these bugs using Windows Update. If you want to avoid this problem, be sure to keep your system up to date at all times.
By default, Windows 10 automatically installs the missing updates, but sometimes you might miss an update due to certain issues. However, you can always check for updates manually by following these simple steps:
- Open the Settings app. You can do that by using Windows Key + I shortcut.
- Now navigate to the Update & Security section.
- In the right pane, click on Check for updates button.
Windows will now check for available updates. If any updates are available, they will be downloaded automatically in the background. Once you download the updates, restart your PC to install them.
After updating your system to the latest version, check if the problem is still there.
Solution 4 – Fix DLLs With the DLL Suite
DLL Suite is utility software designed to fix corrupted DLL files. This software also repairs registry keys and detects and downloads missing DLL files. So, with the help of this tool, you’ll be able to download xpssvcs.dll on your computer. This program is retailing at $9.99, but it has a trial version you can add to Windows 10 by pressing the Start Download button on this website page.
Solution 5 – Reinstall the application that is giving you this error
If XPSSVCS.DLL is missing message appears only when trying to run a certain application, perhaps you should reinstall that application completely. There are several ways to do that, but the best method is to use an uninstaller software.
By using uninstaller software you’ll completely remove all files and registry entries that are related to the application you want to remove. As a result, there won’t be any leftover files that can interfere with your system.
If you’re looking for a good uninstaller software, we strongly recommend that you try out Revo Uninstaller. Once you remove the problematic application using this tool, the issue should be completely resolved.
Solution 6 – Perform a Clean boot
Sometimes third-party applications or services can cause XPSSVCS.DLL is missing message to appear. To fix this problem, it’s advised to disable all startup applications and services. This is relatively simple to do, and you can do it by following these steps:
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog. Enter msconfig and click OK.
- System Configuration window will now appear. Navigate to the Services tab and check Hide all Microsoft services. Click the Disable all button.
- Now go to the Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
- You’ll now see a list of startup applications. Right-click the first entry on the list and choose Disable. Repeat this step for all applications on the list.
- Go back to the System Configuration window. Now click Apply and OK to save changes and restart your PC.
Once your PC restarts, check if the issue is still there. If the problem doesn’t appear, it’s rather likely that one of the disabled applications or services was causing it. To find out which application was the problem, enable applications and services in groups until you manage to recreate the issue.
Once you find the problematic application, remove it and check if that solves the problem.
Solution 7 – Create a new user account
In some rare cases, d3dx9_43.dll is missing message can appear because your user account is corrupted. Since there’s no way to repair your account, the best course of action would be to create a new user account. To do that, follow these simple steps:
- Open the Settings app and navigate to the Accounts section.
- Pick Family & other people from the left pane. Choose Add someone else to this PC from the right pane.
- Select I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
- Click on Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Enter the desired username for the new account and click Next.
After creating a new user account, check if the problem is still there. If the issue doesn’t reappear, move all your personal files to the new account and check if that solves your problem.
Those fixes might resolve the missing XPSSVCS.DLL issue so you can install Google Cloud Print on Windows 10. Check out this guide for further details on how to set up Google Cloud Print.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in September 2017 and has been since completely revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- OccidentAcrident.dll startup error in Windows 10: Here’s how to fix it
- DLL files missing after installing Windows 10 Creators Update [Fix]
- Fix: DLL Files Missing from Your Windows 10 Computer
AltGr is an essential key when you want to customize your keyboard to type in another language, for instance, Spanish. But users often face problems […]
Errors like the avipbb.sys can be very frustrating for a beginner to fix. Even some professionals might encounter issues while fixing this error. Having this […]