The ‘XPSSVCS.DLL is missing’ error is one that some users have encountered when attempting to install Google Cloud Print in Windows 10 and other platforms. The XPSSVCS.DLL error message states: “[1103/184546:WARNING:setup.cc(263)] File is missing: XPSSVCS.DLL… [1103/184546:ERROR:setup.cc(402)] Unable to install driver.” Consequently, a few Windows users can’t install Google Cloud Print.
This is another DLL error that can be due to a missing or corrupted DLL file. Microsoft has also conceded that the cumulative KB3176493 and KB3177725 Windows updates have print bugs, which is another factor behind this missing XPSSVCS.DLL error. Here are a few potential resolutions that might resolve the XPSSVCS.DLL is missing error in Windows 10.
How to fix XPSSVCS.DLL issues on Windows 10
XPSSVCS.DLL is missing message can sometimes appear on your PC. However, similar issues can sometimes occur as well, so here’s a list of some related problems:
- Xpssvcs.dll is gone, lost – This is a variation of the original error, but you should be able to fix it using one of our solutions.
- Xpssvcs.dll not found – If you’re getting this error message, it’s possible that your drivers are out of date. Update your drivers and check if that solves the issue.
Solution 1 – Scan Files With the System File Checker
The System File Checker is a Windows tool for fixing system files. This tool will replace missing or corrupted DLL system files. As such, the SFC is an invaluable utility for any missing DLL error. You can run an SFC scan as follows.
- Open Win + X menu and choose Command Prompt (Admin) or PowerShell (Admin) from the list.
- Once the Command Prompt opens, you need to enter sfc /scannow command and press Enter to run it.
- The scanning will now start. This process can take about 10 minutes, sometimes more, so don’t interfere with it.
After the SFC scan is finished, check if the issue is still there. If you can’t run or complete the SFC scan, you should try using the DISM scan. This is quite simple, and you can do it by following these steps:
- Start Command Prompt as administrator.
- Enter DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command and press Enter.
- DISM scan will now start. This process can take about 20 minutes, so be sure not to interrupt it.
Once the DISM scan is finished, check if the problem is still there. If you want, you can also repeat the SFC scan after a successful DISM scan just to be on the safe side.
Solution 2 – Roll Windows Back to a Previous Restore Point
If the XPSSVCS.DLL is missing message started appearing recently, it’s possible that you can fix the problem simply by performing a System Restore. In case you’re not familiar, System Restore is a feature that allows you to revert any recent changes, and by using this feature you might be able to fix this issue.
To perform a System Restore, do the following:
- Press Windows Key + S and enter system restore. Choose Create a restore point.
- Now click the System Restore button.
- When System Restore window opens, click Next.
- Check Show more restore points option. Select the restore point you want to return to and click Next.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the restoration process.
Once you successfully perform a System Restore, check if the problem is still there.
Solution 3 – Update Windows
Sometimes XPSSVCS.DLL is missing error can appear due to certain bugs on your system. Microsoft is constantly working on Windows 10, and it usually fixes these bugs using Windows Update. If you want to avoid this problem, be sure to keep your system up to date at all times.
By default, Windows 10 automatically installs the missing updates, but sometimes you might miss an update due to certain issues. However, you can always check for updates manually by following these simple steps:
- Open the Settings app. You can do that by using Windows Key + I shortcut.
- Now navigate to the Update & Security section.
- In the right pane, click on Check for updates button.
Windows will now check for available updates. If any updates are available, they will be downloaded automatically in the background. Once you download the updates, restart your PC to install them.
After updating your system to the latest version, check if the problem is still there.
Solution 4 – Fix DLLs With the DLL Suite
DLL Suite is utility software designed to fix corrupted DLL files. This software also repairs registry keys and detects and downloads missing DLL files. So, with the help of this tool, you’ll be able to download xpssvcs.dll on your computer. This program is retailing at $9.99, but it has a trial version you can add to Windows 10 by pressing the Start Download button on this website page.
Editor’s Note: This article continues on the next page.