Here’s how to free up to 20GB space after Windows 10 Creators Update
The Creators Update for Windows 10 is here, and it brings with it a bevy of bug and security fixes on top of new tools that help enhance your Windows experience. However, installing the update also fills up your drive additional gigabytes because it retains data from the old Windows version.
New versions of Windows store information from their predecessor to help users downgrade should problems arise with the updates. But if you are satisfied with what the Creators Update serves up, you might want to free up a few extra gigabytes on your drive.
Windows 10 has an option that allows you to clean stored files from the previous version of Windows. By doing that, you’ll be able to free up a significant amount of space from your drive. To free Up to 20GB of space after installing the Windows 10 Creators Update, follow these steps:
- Open This PC/My Computer.
- Right click on your drive where Windows is installed.
- Select Properties.
- Click the Disk Cleanup button.
- Select Clean up system files in the Disk Cleanup window.
- Check the Previous Windows Installations box and all other items you want to delete.
- Click Ok to complete the cleanup.
The disk cleanup process frees up as much as 20 GB of space on your hard drive. And some extra space will definitely come in handy.
Do you know of other methods to clean up space on your drive after the Creators Update? Let us know in the comments section below!
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Creators Update reported issues: Here’s what’s broken
- Here are all the differences between Creators Update and Anniversary Update
- Windows 10 Creators Update randomly uninstalls drivers and apps
- Windows 10 Creators Update to fix the Disk Cleanup wrong HD free space bug
- The 12 best tools to delete junk files from your Windows 10 PC
The symbiosis of the internet and advertising has long been understood. Everyone understands that if you have access to something that is ‘free’, inasmuch as […]
Firefox has announced that it will start to warn users if they visit any breached sites. This is in an attempt to not only make […]
Oh dear. It’s been a pretty bad month for Microsoft concerning its Windows 10 October 1809 Update release. Microsoft eventually released the update a couple […]