FIX: Gears 5 Ultra HD Texture won’t download
Gears 5 is an FPS game that comes with plenty of DLCs. One of these DLCs is the Ultra-HD Texture Pack which players can get completely free.
Of course, not everyone can run the game on normal settings, let alone using the Ultra-HD Texture Pack.
One problem, however, is that plenty of users have reported having issues downloading the Texture Pack:
I have Gears 5 Ultimate through GamesPass and when I go into video settings and select install Ultra HD texture pack it immediately jumps to 70% and sticks there. Nothing starts downloading according to network traffic or by checking the Windows Store or Xbox Beta app.
Further discussions revealed that plenty of other players are having this issue, and that it is more a visual bug than a functionality bug.
For example, some users speculated that it may be something server-sided and that if you wait long enough, the download will finish.
Mine was stuck on 70% for a while but it seems to be going up slowly now. It’s probably just a really slow download.
Fix Ultra-HD Texture Pack download issues
The issue is more of a nuisance rather than a bug, but getting around it can be done easily by doing one of the following:
Change the Gears 5 install location
- Uninstall Gears 5 through the Windows Apps & features settings page
- Restart Windows
- Open Settings, select System, and then Storage
- Within the Storage page, click the text link Change where new content is saved
- Change the drive New apps will save to: to a drive other than the system default
- Install Gears 5 again
- Run the game, navigate to the Video Options, and install the Ultra Textures
- Restart the game after it finishes
If the steps mentioned above don’t work, you could try one of the following:
- Wait it out, the download will speed up again eventually
- Make sure you free up more disk space on the destination drive than the Ultra-HD Texture Pack actually has
- Uninstall and Install the game again
It would seem that the problem is present only on the Steam version of the game.
If you are experiencing any other issues, please do not hesitate to let us know in the comments bellow.
RELATED STORIES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:
- Gears 5 bugs: server issues, no sound, game freezes and more
- Gears 5 error 0x80073CF3 blocks game download [FIXED]
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
Some driver-related issues can be solved faster by using a dedicated tool. If you're still having problems with your drivers, just download DriverFix and get it up and running in a few clicks. After that, let it take over and fix all of your errors in no time!