GOM Player for Windows 10 plays 360 degree videos
It’s no secret that Windows 10 doesn’t include a fully robust or feature-rich video player, and this is where third party players come in. But despite having third-party video players, many of them do not support 360-degree videos yet, except for the newly updated GOM Player.
Dedicated 360-degree cameras yield the best result while recording 360-degree videos, but thanks to advanced media technologies, you can now record 360-degree videos with your very own smartphone. There are even numerous apps and cameras available to capture 360-degree videos, owing to the growing popularity of this feature. Any social media user would have seen 360-degree videos frequently on Facebook, YouTube or other social media platforms.
GOM Player revolutionizes media player technology
GOM Player, now adds support for 360 degree VR videos, becoming the very first desktop media player to back this feature. Moreover, the software comes with the most conversant interface which would take only a few minutes for users to earn familiarity with the player.
To watch a video on the GOM player, use basic arrow keys to move up, down, left or right and you can also add basic keyboard shortcuts. Furthermore, GOM Player displays previews on the right, left, front and back and users can easily switch between them. For folks who haven’t yet recorded their own 360-degree video, YouTube has got you covered as you can directly play YouTube videos on GOM Player.
How to play 360-degree videos on GOM Player
- Launch the GOM Player
- Right-click on the GOM Player > select Playback 360 degree video to expand the menu > select Playback 360 degree video
- Pick the 360-degree video that interests you and start watching.
Operating between views of a 360-degree video:
- To change viewing angles use the keys W, A, S and D
- To control viewing angles from your mouse, click anywhere on the playing video and move your cursor, left, right, top or bottom to change the viewing angles.
- To zoom in or zoom out, use ‘+’ and ‘-‘ keys respectively
- Use the V key to select from front, left, rear or right views of the video.
Apart from these features, the platform also supports a number of video formats, along with features you won’t find in other conventional media players.
But a cautionary warning, the software might try to install some programs that you might not need, so keep an open eye while accepting any requests or notification pop-ups, and do not agree if you are not interested in using the suggested programs.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Download Kodi Media Player on Windows 10
- Fix: VLC media player lagging on Windows 10
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update fails to recognize MP3 players
In the world of smartphones and busy people, a large chunk of the population relies heavily on sending SMS. Whether it’s a personal message or a […]
Error 0xca00a000 is a Windows Update error that arises for some users. The full error message states: 2018-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for […]