- If Google Chrome is not downloading files properly, there is an issue with the browser itself.
- Switching to another browser is an easy way to solve Chrome not finishing downloads.
- Resetting your Google Chrome with our method will definitely get rid of the issue.
- Another quick fix to the problem is changing your Chrome extensions as instructed below.
We all know how good Google Chrome is. This is why the browser became the most popular surfing tool in the world. Usually, Chrome is extremely reliable and easy to use for beginners.
However, Chrome is far from perfect. Many users encountered an error that prevents them from downloading files. This is a major issue because many people use this function daily.
Let’s say you need to download an attachment from your email. This would be impossible in Chrome for users who have this issue.
Luckily, there are several solutions available and today we will show you what to do if Google Chrome doesn’t finish downloads.
Other users have reported similar problems:
- Chrome not downloading/Google Chrome not downloading files – Most often than not, you can solve this major problem quickly by resetting your browser.
- Chrome won’t finish download/Chrome download doesn’t finish – Even if it starts, Google Chrome doesn’t always finish downloading files. To easily correct the issue, you can install another browser.
- Chrome won’t download files – If that’s the problem you’re facing as well, try to reset Google Chrome to remove any faulty option. We also recommend installing Opera for enhanced performance and protection
What can I do if Chrome downloads won’t finish?
1. Reset the browser
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click on the three dots from the upper-right side of the window.
- Select Settings.
- Click on Advanced.
- Select Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Click on Reset settings.
Resetting Chrome will restore your browser settings to default. It’s helpful in this case because some options could affect the download function. You can install your plugins later to enhance Chrome’s performance.
Note: Also, several extensions could change some settings in Google Chrome. It is worth mentioning that this method will disable all your extensions and will delete all your temporary files.
2. Try to use another browser
Not being able to download files with your browser is a major issue that affects your work and your online experience. Well, you should not go through that.
This is why you need to change your browser and go for a better option. We strongly recommend Opera in that regard.
This is both a very fast and lightweight tool to surf the Internet. Also, your experience will be error-free. So, you’ll eliminate most browser-related issues and finish all downloads with ease.
Moreover, Opera comes with a built-in ad blocker, VPN, and data limiter software, ensuring you will browse the internet safely, keeping your identity private, and protecting you from adware.
Therefore, Opera is the go-to browser for everyone. It is great for work and non-work-related things because it is fast, really optimized, secure, and bug-free. Do not hesitate and try it out for yourself.
Google Chrome doesn’t finish downloads? Install Opera and you’ll forget all about this issue!
Did our solutions help you? Do let us know in the comments section below! Also, do keep in mind these quick suggestions when encountering any similar issues.