- What to do when Google Chrome doesn't finish downloads? We’ve got a few quick tips for you.
- Waste no more time and simply try to reset the browser. This is confirmed to work in most cases.
- Another suggestion is to install Opera. This web browser truly offers an error-free experience.
- If making such a change isn’t an option, just bookmark our Chrome Hub for further reference.
We all know how good Google Chrome is. This is why the browser became the most popular surfing tool in the world. Usually, Chrome is extremely reliable and easy to use for beginners.
However, Chrome is far from perfect. Many users encountered an error that prevents them from downloading files. This is a major issue because many people use this function daily.
Let’s say you need to download an attachment from your email. This would be impossible in Chrome for users who have this issue.
Luckily, there are several solutions available and today we will show you what to do if Google Chrome doesn’t finish downloads.
What can I do if Chrome downloads won’t finish?
1. Try to use another browser
Not being able to download files with your browser is a major issue that affects your work and your online experience. Well, you should not go through that.
This is why you need to change your browser and go for a better option. We strongly recommend Opera in that regard.
This is both a very fast and lightweight tool to surf the Internet. Also, your experience will be error-free. So, you’ll eliminate most browser-related issues and finish all downloads with ease.
OperaGoogle Chrome doesn’t finish downloads? Install Opera and you’ll forget all about this issue!
2. Reset the browser
- Open Chrome.
- Click on the three dots from the upper-right side of the window.
- Select Settings.
- Click on Advanced.
- Select Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Click on Reset settings.
Resetting Chrome will restore your browser settings to default. It’s helpful in this case because some options could affect the download function.
Also, several extensions could change some settings in Google Chrome. It is worth mentioning that this method will disable all your extensions and will delete all your temporary files.
You can install your plugins later to enhance Chrome’s performance.
Did our solutions help you? Do let us know in the comments section below! Also, do keep in mind these quick suggestions when encountering any similar issues:
- Chrome not downloading/Google Chrome not downloading files – Most often than not, you can solve this major problem quickly by resetting your browser. Refer to the above procedure in that regard.
- Chrome won’t finish download/Chrome download doesn’t finish – Even if it starts, Google Chrome doesn’t always finish downloading files. To easily correct the issue, you can install another browser.
- Chrome won’t download files – If that’s the problem you’re facing as well, try to reset Google Chrome to remove any faulty option. We also recommend installing Opera for enhanced performance and protection.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in September 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in August 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
Editor's Note: This article was originally published in September 2019 and was revamped and updated in August 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.