- Google is one of the biggest IT companies in the world, but that doesn't mean it is impervious to issues.
- As of the writing of this article, all Google services including Google Drive, Gmail and YouTube are down.
- Learn more about Google, how to use it in a more efficient manner, and how to fix common issues.
- To learn more about the latest happenings in the digital world, visit our dedicated News Hub.
In a world where everything goes to and from Google, it’s hard to imagine what it would be like if all of their services would suddenly collapse.
Well, this unlikely scenario has just become very very, as pretty much all Google services, along with YouTube, seem to no longer be operational.
Google services are experiencing a total failure
According to DownDetector, the service disruption have barely begun less than an hour ago, but the number of reports have easily exceeded 2000 already.
Those using Google Drive are met by an error code 500, an error message that we’ve covered before in this step-by-step guide.
Gmail users have even more problems, since they are met with a variety of error messages, all of which were also covered in the articles below:
- Gmail attachment errors
- Gmail account not signing in
- Gmail encountered a problem
- Something went wrong in Gmail
- Gmail settings are out of date
- Gmail not receiving emails
Lastly, those of you looking for some online multimedia entertainment will also have to wait it out, since YouTube has also been affected by this total Google collapse, so don’t be surprised if you encounter the Something went wrong error.
Google and YouTube had a similar outage back in August, and the outage lasted for several hours.
This occurrence does nothing more than to remind us of how dependent we are of Google as a service, especially now in the context of a global pandemic when Internet use is higher than ever before.
Unfortunately, no word has come out yet from any Google official regarding the issue, but we hope that it will be short-lived.
How have you been affected by Google‘s services being down? Let us know by leaving us your messages in the comments section below.