- When users attempt to play Halo Infinite multiplayer, the error retrieving data center error may appear.
- It mainly occurs due to network-related issues or internal game file problems.
- To solve this problem, you should follow the methods mentioned in this article, along with updating the driver or re-installing the game.
Halo Infinite is one of the most popular multiplayer FPS games. However, users often get into trouble while playing multiplayer matches. When this type of problem occurs, gamers may see the following message:
Error retrieving data center connection quality information. Please try again later
Why does the Halo Infinite game fail to retrieve data centers?
If you get this error while attempting to play a multiplayer game, it may happen due to the following reasons:
- Background service issue: Some required background processes are necessary to run Halo Infinite properly on your PC.
- Network issue: Network problems can trigger the problem between your game and the data center, so take action if you encounter Windows 11’s Can’t connect to this network error.
- Network driver problem: Incompatible or outdated drivers can cause this problem as well.
- Corrupted game files: Corrupted game files may cause Halo Infinite crashing issues or communication problems with the data center.
How do I fix the error retrieving the data center in Halo Infinite?
Before going through the main methods to solve the problem, we would like to suggest you apply these steps:
- Check if an outage going on in Halo Infinite servers. For this, you can follow the Down Detector.
- Verify the internet connection, so go to Network & Internet from the Windows Settings and click on Advanced network settings. Go to Network reset next, click on Reset now, and follow any on-screen steps. You may also check if there is something wrong with your internet connection.
- Restart your PC to refresh the background services.
If servers are not down and you are still getting the problem, follow these methods to solve Halo Infinite error retrieving the data center.
1. Verify the game files
1.1 Verify on Steam
- Open the Steam desktop app.
- Right-click on Halo Infinite and go to its Properties.
- Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify integrity of game files.
It will verify and repair the game if necessary.
1.2 Verify on Xbox app
- Open the Xbox desktop app on Windows 11 or 10.
- Go to Halo Infinite.
- Click on three vertical dots and go to Manage.
- Go to the Files tab.
- Click on Verify and Repair.
- Wait for a while to complete the process.
2. Check if Xbox services are active
- Open the Start Menu, type services, and hit Enter.
- Check and verify that the IP Helper, Xbox Live Auth Manager, Xbox Live Game Save, Xbox Live, Networking Service, and Gaming Services are running.
- If any of these is not running, right-click and click on Run.
- Now, launch Halo Infinite and see if the problem still exists or not.
3. Update network driver
- Open the Start Menu, type device manager, and hit Enter.
- Expand Network adapters.
- Right-click on the network driver you want to update and choose Update driver.
- Follow the on-screen steps to finish the process.
After updating, restart your PC. For more details, check our guide on how to update drivers on Windows 11.
Big-time gaming can be done without crashes, lags or freezes by keeping all drivers up to date and error-free. Manual checks are hard to perform, that’s why we recommend using an automate assistant that will scan for fresh driver versions daily. Here is how to use it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for the newly installed app to detect all your PC’s faulty drivers.
- You will be presented with a list of all the drivers that have issues, and you can choose the ones that you want to fix.
- Wait for the driver download and fixing process to complete.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Do not let a bad driver interfere with your games and installed software. Use DriverFix today and run them without a single issue.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
4. Change DNS
- Press Win + I to open the Windows Settings.
- Go to Network & internet.
- Click on the connection you are using, like Ethernet or WiFi.
- Next, click on Edit next to the DNS server assignment.
- Set it to Manual.
- Enable IPv4 or IPv6, depending on the DNS you are trying to use.
- Type your preferred DNS addresses and click on Save.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
If you don’t know any good DNS server addresses, use Google DNS. The addresses are 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52.
After making the changes, make sure to flush the DNS on Windows.
5. Change the game installation drive
5.1 Change on Xbox app
- On the Xbox app, go to Halo Infinite.
- Go to Manage like before.
- Go to the Files tab.
- Click on Change Drive.
- Choose the drive where you want to move the game and click on Move.
- Wait until the process is complete.
5.2 Change on Steam
- Go to Halo Infinite properties on Steam like before.
- Go to the Local Files tab.
- Click on the Move install folder.
- Choose a folder or drive and click on Move.
- Wait a bit while it finishes the process.
For best, you also may try uninstalling the game completely and installing it again on a different drive. It may fix Halo Infinite error retrieving the data center.
We also recommend you use a VPN like Private Internet Access (PIA) or ExpressVPN. These two work great with most multiplayer games like Halo Infinite. If the normal internet connection fails to retrieve the data center on Halo Infinite, trying any of these VPNs is a good idea.
We also suggest you learn the ways to solve Halo Infinite packet loss issues. There, you will also find some suggestions which are also applicable to this problem.
This article has shown the methods to solve Halo Infinite error retrieving data center issue. If you know any other methods that may work, let us know in the comment box.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.