Handyman business management software has certainly revolutionized the running of handyman businesses as we know it. From sending digital quotes, general accounting, to assigning work, these software really make things easy. Even more outstanding are the very best software for handyman business. They will come with additional utilities such as secure payment processing and advanced customer service portal to make everything smooth and efficient.
Now, we will be exploring the best software for handyman business and their powers in this article. But just before we venture into the deep end, here are some tips to help you decide which software would serve you best.
How To Decide The Best Software For Your Handyman Business
As you will see shortly, there are quite a number of products. Here are some useful questions to help you select.
- How big is your business?
The number of jobs you receive matter a lot. That’s because some software are targeted at different sized businesses. Some can handle sophisticated tasks, other not as much.
- How customizable is the software?
A program you can tailor is likely to better accommodate your entire business requirements.
- Does it have a corresponding mobile app?
Your field team will appreciate real-time updating of their jobs status and related issues. Since they will have their smartphone always, a mobile app would be very handy.
- Does the software integrate with other essential programs?
Software which integrates with other business support applications are more efficient. For instance, those which link with QuickBooks make book-keeping super simple.
Here now are the software that made the cut for your handyman business.
Though originally made to mainly manage your field workers, this smart system has evolved to deliver a whole range of services to tradesmen.
Its most amazing feature is its ability to harness the built-in technology to work both online and offline to ensure a smooth performance.
That way, you or your techs can complete a job even when reception is lacking and sync the system later.
Plus, its powerful app works on both Android and iOS mobile devices so you can assign/track work on the go.
Unbelievably, the lite version is free!
Key features include:
- Excellent Job Management: The software gives you access to location maps, directions, and even pictures to help you monitor progress closely.
- QuickBooks/Xero Integration: This ensures accurate invoicing and payments follow-up as all data automatically syncs with your QuickBooks/Xero copies online.
- Asset tracking: asset tracking feature enables you to group all your assets and even anticipate their failure.
- Advanced Customization: From inventory control to reporting, you can tailor almost all the features depending on your needs.
Loc8 has tremendous potential and maybe the weapon to help you scale your handyman business.
— ALSO READ: 5 best employee monitoring software to use
ServiceCEO is one of the most comprehensive software for managing a handyman business.
It does practically everything and in a breeze so you can concentrate on writing your own business’s success story and not drown under a flood of cumbersome papers.
You will love the extreme customization while it’s also web-based meaning you can run your business from anywhere in the planet. The serviceCEO mobile app is similarly resource-rich.
Best of all? ServiceCEO is super easy to learn- thanks to the easy interface and you should get the hang of its operations in no time.
Key features include:
- Easy scheduling and dispatching: Never again will you lose revenue because of dispatching errors. ServiceSEO helps you dispatch your technicians accurately and keep appointments.
- Invoicing & payment management: The program is connected directly to sales and dispatch modules. This means customers are promptly invoiced for work done. Automatic payment reminders are made possible by its integration to QuickBooks.
- Powerful CRM: You will easily track prospects, existing, and former clients simplifying the lead generation process. Additionally, the built-in marketing management tool helps you measure the efficacy of your marketing campaigns.
- In-depth Reporting: There is the convenient auto-reporting plus you can generate any other report effortlessly (drag and drop).
— Editor’s Note: If you’re interested in other tools to boost your business, check out our wide collection of guides.
Rated as one of the very best in the handyman business, Housecall Pro delights with its amazing automation. Essentially, the software digitizes every aspect of your business – while remaining easy to use- enabling you to deliver premium services whether you’re tech-savvy or not.
From email marketing automation, auto job SMS/ email notifications, GPS and online time tracking, online client booking, and even in-the-app/web payments, I can’t think of something this program won’t do.
Interestingly, it’s one of the most affordable software for handyman business.
Key features include:
- Online Booking: Customers can order services online- from the Housecall Pro app or via your website. You can also send estimates or invoices from any device. You can as well alert your customers of the progress made or when you’re arriving even via a text.
- Drag and drop scheduling: You easily create and manage upcoming jobs with a few clicks as well as notify employees of assignments in real-time.
- Instant bank deposits: Thanks to the program’s payments processor Instapay, you can send credit card payments to your bank account immediately. This could help better manage your cash flows.
- Efficient book-keeping: The software pushes all details to QuickBooks online. Financials are thus available on demand.
Housecall Pro is the ultimate all-in-one operations software to run every handyman business. It’s also very affordable.
Jobber prides itself as the go-to software for business people overwhelmed by routine tasks such as preparing quotes, scheduling, invoicing, and chasing payments.
And true to its word, Jobber array of tools can potentially transform the way you deliver services.
You will have all the necessary info to help organize and dispatch teams at your fingertips while each team member is kept up-to-date by the Jobber app.
Users also enjoy Jobber’s solid invoicing process, elaborate reporting, precise time tracking, and meticulous accounting.
Key features include:
- Xero and Quickbooks Sync: Jobber syncs to both QuickBooks and Xero so it’s flexible in book-keeping.
- Client Hub: Clients can view their records, make payment on outstanding invoices, and order more services at their convenience.
- Routing: You can virtually route the day’s tasks for your team in addition to assigning new jobs to the nearest technician on the map.
- Chemical Tracking: Easily track chemical/pesticide usage and report on the same.
You, your teams, and even your customers will find Jobber easy, available, and importantly, reliable. As the company proudly proclaims, Jobber always delivers!
- Go to Jobbers official website to start your trial
We started by looking at how you can identify the best software for handyman business before coming to a summary of the top 4 options.
I now believe that you are now in a position to make an informed decision so go ahead and good luck.
- Time tracking software: The best tools to boost your productivity
- 5 best check writing software to keep track of all your checks
- 5 best software to track sales and improve your cashflow
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in December 2018 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.