- Hearts of Iron IV is a complex strategy game that focuses on the events of World War II. You can take command of any nation and lead it to victory.
- If you're experiencing Hearts of Iron 4 lag, you can use a VPN to reduce your ping and improve your gameplay without any hassle.
- Whenever you stumble upon VPN-related errors, visit our VPN Troubleshooting Hub.
- Join our Gaming VPN area to find out how to reduce lag and fix packet loss in other games.
Hearts of Iron IV (HOI4) is a grand strategy game that you can play solo or in multiplayer. Your objective is to pick the military force of any nation engaged in World War II and lead it to victory. This includes naval, aerial, and ground forces.
The elaborate game is available for Windows, macOS, and Linux. Regrettably, a lot of users report Hearts of Iron 4 lag in multiplayer mode, which can hamper the game‘s quality and become incredibly stressful.
If you’re looking for a simple way to solve the lag issue in Hearts of Iron 4, use a VPN. By redirecting all network traffic to VPN servers, you can enhance your gaming experience and get better speed since a VPN can reduce your ping.
Access content across the globe at the highest speed rate.
Secure multiple devices and enjoy stable connections anywhere.
Price convenient VPN service with all-rounded security features.
Connect to thousands of servers for persistent seamless browsing.
Works with all operating systems from a single account.
What are the best VPNs to fix Hearts of Iron 4 lag?
If you’re looking for a Hearts of Iron 4 late-game lag fix, use Private Internet Access (PIA). It’s a trustworthy VPN service that can protect your router from hackers, improve your connection speed, and minimize jitter.
PIA is owned by Kape Technologies. It supports port forwarding and the same platforms where you can run the game, namely Windows, macOS, and Linux. And it’s one of the few VPN services with 24/7 live chat support.
How can PIA help you with HOI4 lag:
- +3,300 VPN servers across 47 countries
- Private DNS servers to improve your gaming experience
- Allows 10 simultaneous device connections
- An excellent choice if you’re lagging behind in Hearts of Iron 4
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
Private Internet Access
If you lag behind friends in Hearts of Iron 4, use this reliable VPN to quickly resolve this matter.
CyberGhost VPN is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux, so it doesn’t matter where you play the game. It provides anti-hacker protection and exclusive DNS servers to make your gameplay better by securing your DNS queries.
How can CyberGhost VPN help you with HOI4 multiplayer lag:
- +6,400 VPN servers across 89 countries
- Set up whitelists or blacklists in split tunneling mode
- Permits up to 7 connections at once
- Handles Hearts of Iron 4 multiplayer lag quite well
- 45-day money-back guarantee (1-day free trial)
To easily fix Hearts of Iron 4 lag and reduce high ping, this dependable VPN service.
You can trust BullGuard VPN to get rid of any Hearts of Iron 4 lags, thanks to its fast and stable VPN servers. It’s a service created by BullGuard, optimized for gaming, streaming, and torrenting.
Furthermore, you can fix Wi-Fi packet loss using BullGuard VPN. The virtual private network solution can be installed on Windows, macOS, or Linux to eliminate gaming latency immediately.
How can BullGuard VPN help you with a HOI4 lag fix:
- +2,000 VPN servers across 16 countries
- Great for circumventing geoblocks
- Connect up to 6 devices at the same time
- Works best as a Hearts of Iron 4 LAN network lag fix
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
Take away the frustrations caused by Hearts of Iron 4 lag issues, thanks to this fast and safe VPN solution.
To conclude, a fast and secure VPN app can resolve a number of gaming-related issues, including HOI4 lag. It’s a practical solution when it comes to fixing network congestion and defending your router from hacker attacks.
And, if you can’t decide between the three options, we suggest going with Private Internet Access, thanks to its superior connection speed and top-of-the-line security features.
Your connection is not secure - websites you visit can find out your details:
- Your IP Address:
Companies can sell this information, alongside your location and internet provider name, and profit from it by serving targeted ads or monitoring your data usage.
We recommend Private Internet Access, a VPN with a no-log policy, open source code, ad blocking and much more; now 79% off.
Frequently Asked Questions
To stop HOI4 from lagging, download and install a fast VPN service like PIA. Then, connect to an optimal VPN server, launch Hearts of Iron 4, and play it as usual.
Yes, Hearts of Iron 4 can run on a laptop. Check the system requirements to make sure.
Yes, HOI4 was banned in China due to the way the game illustrated Taiwan under Japanese control, as well as Tibet, Sinkiang, and Manchuria as independent nations.