HoloLens is a very popular device among people. This mixed reality gadget can create an environment where physical objects interact with digital items.
Despite its futuristic nature, HoloLens is plagued by some of the most common errors. Many users reported that the device won’t connect to Wi-Fi.
Also, quite a few people encountered an error with the HoloLens IP address. In other words, the address doesn’t work.
Fortunately, we have solutions for this major problem and today we will show you what to do if HoloLens is not connecting to Wi-Fi.
What can I do if HoloLens IP address is not working?
1. Make sure your Internet connection is working properly
Before you try a more technical solution, verify your network connection. Make sure everything is ok with your Wi-Fi router. Also, restart the device by turning it off and on after 30 seconds.
Check if other devices (such as PC and the mobile phone) can connect to Wi-Fi.
If everything looks fine with your Wi-Fi connection, go to the next solution below.
2. Disable firewall
Many people said that they can access the device via the device portal, but they can’t connect to apps such as Fologram on HoloLens. This issue might be caused by your firewall.
So, disable your Windows firewall and/or any third-party firewall, then follow the steps described below.
- Restart HoloLens.
- Clear all your floating application windows (tiles).
- Restart your PC.
- Make sure your HoloLens and PC are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Relaunch the Fologram app and attempt to connect.
3. Disable any supplementary network
If the solution above didn’t work, try disabling other networks that aren’t connected to HoloLens.
- Go to Control Panel, then select Network and Internet, and then Network Connections.
- Click on Change Adapter Settings.
- Disable any network that is not connected to the same network as your HoloLens.
- Restart HoloLens and your PC.
Not being able to connect HoloLens to Wi-Fi is a major issue that makes the device unusable. Fortunately, we have some solutions available to you. Check your network connection, disable your firewall, or disable any supplementary network.
Did our solutions help you solve the problem? Did you find another way to connect your HoloLens to Wi-Fi? Do let us know in the comments section below!
RELATED ARTICLES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Here’s where to buy a HoloLens device from
- How to fix frequent Windows Mixed Reality issues
- Here’s how to use the HoloLens Emulator