- Horizon Forbidden West has been plagued by a lot of in-game bugs ever since its official release and we showed you how to fix most of them.
- Players are also reporting that they can't grapple at all while playing Gorilla Games' latest title, so we're here to lend you a helping hand.
- There is no official fix for this annoying issue yet, so all you can do is follow our step-by-step guide and try resolving the matter this way.
A lot has been said about Gorilla Games’ latest title ever since it was released back in February. Horizon Forbidden West has been getting mostly positive reviews, but there are some annoying bugs in it.
There have been, of course, a lot of in-game problems as well, such as players finding it impossible to drop down, not being allowed to talk to the Herbalist, or running into a fighting pits melee bug.
We’re about to show you how to fix yet another in-game issue that drives gamers insane. Sometimes, without any apparent explanation, you simply can’t use Aloy’s grapple feature.
Gorilla Games has not released a fix patch for this issue as of this moment, so we’re going to explore a workaround that did the trick for others in the same situation.
What can I do if I can’t grapple in Horizon Forbidden West?
The Pullcaster is a legendary special gear in Horizon Forbidden West that you can use as a grappling hook, primarily used to reach unreachable areas and scale tall structures.
It is arguably one of the most valuable tools in the game that comes in handy during intense combat situations or even while exploring Horizon Forbidden West’s scenic open world.
There are special points within the game where players can deploy the Pullcaster and grapple away towards their objectives.
These points can be seen when you are scanning your surroundings. The game’s UI will let you know when you are hovering above one.
However, if you find yourself unable to do so, here are the steps you can take to restore game functionality and keep on playing.
1. Restart game from last save.
2. Restart Horizon Forbidden West completely.
- Pause your game, select Quit, and press the X button.
- Keep the PlayStation button pressed until you are taken to the home screen.
- Highlight Horizon Forbidden West, press the Start button, and select Close Game.
3. Update Horizon Forbidden West
- On your PlayStation home screen, highlight the game.
- Press the Start button and select Check for updates.
These are the workarounds that have proven to work for other Horizon FOrbidden West players that had to deal with the same in-game glitch.
If Horizon Forbidden West is your favorite game but you would also like to try some other options out there, here’s how the title compares to others:
- Horizon Forbidden West vs Breath of the Wild 2
- Horizon Forbidden West vs Zero Dawn
- Horizon Forbidden West vs Dying Light 2 Stay Human
- Horizon Forbidden West vs Elden Ring
- Horizon Forbidden West vs Ghost of Tsushima
Was this guide helpful to you? Share your experience with us in the comments section below.