The HP Elite X3 is one of this year’s stars, with the potential of millions of buyers considering buying this smartphone. We know what the specs for this phone are and we also know how much it costs, but very few people have had the opportunity to get their hands on this terminal.
We’ve gathered all the information we could find about the experiences of the lucky few who’ve tested the HP Elite X3 first hand, and we’ll sum it up for you in this article.
HP Elite X3: Everything you need to know
- The bottom speaker is not as loud as the top speaker, and there is no equalizer to correct that. The overall sound quality is rather poor. Compared to the Lumia 950 XL model, HP still has work to do, but the company will possibly fix this bug with a future update.
- HP Elite X3’s camera doesn’t render details as well as Lumia 950 XL’s camera. Overall, the photos taken with the Lumia 950 XL model are clearer, purer and have less-noise than the pictures taken with the Elite X3. Also, it seems it exaggerates levels of color saturation. The X3’s flash leaves much to be desired, and pictures taken in dark environments are just that — dark.
- The body quality feels goods, but there is still space for improvement.
- Its battery life is pretty good. Under normal circumstances, this phone can power you through the day without any problem.
- Its touchscreen responsiveness is similar to the Lumia 950XL.
- The Elite X3 is powered by a Snapdragon 820 processor while the Lumia 950XL is equipped with a Snapdragon 810 processor. The Elite X3 is indeed faster than the Lumia 950 XL, but the difference is not really that huge. If you don’t need the power of HP’s top notch phone, you should stick to Microsoft’s good old Lumia 950XL.
- Other issues include: sharing to WhatsApp crashes, a sluggish keyboard, opening the camera app reboots the phone, and sometimes the SD card is not recognized.
- No overheating problems have been detected on the X3. Unfortunately, the Lumia 950 XL has been plagued by overheating issues since the day it was released.
- The Elite X3 is waterproof, which should protect it in case you are caught in the rain.
Of course, more information should be available as soon as the Elite X3 officially hits the store. Stay tuned.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- CUBE WP10 is a huge 7” Windows 10 phone selling for $140
- The SoftBank 503LV is Lenovo’s first Windows 10 phone
- The amazing NuAns Neo and Vaio Windows 10 phones are now available on eBay
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.