- Keep in mind the fact that Hulu only accepts US-issued cards.
- Using another payment method like digital payment can fix payment issues on Hulu.
- Late payment can result in your subscription being placed on hold.
Hulu is a subscription-based streaming service that offers live and on-demand TV and movies. Also, Hulu has several subscription plans and prices that users can choose from to enjoy the streaming service whenever they want.
However, users complain about Hulu not accepting payment whenever they want to subscribe or make updates to their subscriptions.
Furthermore, there are many difficulties users can encounter while making payments on Hulu. Some problems are being unable to type in card details, errors after submitting payment information, and no option to update the payment method.
However, many factors can be responsible for your difficulty with Hulu not accepting payment. It can be an issue with your card, browser issues, or Hulu servers issues.
Fortunately, the problem is not grievous and can easily be fixed by following the guidelines in this article.
Readers may be interested in how to fix common Hulu connection errors in a short time.
- Your card is not a US-issued card: Hulu’s payment policy requires that users pay with a credit or debit card issued by a financial institution to a bank based in the US. So, your card might not be accepted because it doesn’t comply with the payment policy about cards on Hulu.
- Your card is government-issued: Users are not allowed to pay on Hulu through government-issued cards. It doesn’t comply with payment options stipulated in Hulu’s payment policy.
- Invalid card detail: Users may run into problems with their payment if the card details they input on Hulu doesn’t match the one on their cards. Invalid security code can cause issues because it doesn’t tally with the security code on the card. Also, inputting an invalid expiry date can cause issues. Hence, Hulu won’t be able to process your payment.
This issue may be due to incompatible browser settings. A fast and easy solution is to switch to another browser, so our best recommendation Opera.
Opera saves all your card details for later payments and makes sure that they are safely stored. On top, it has a free built-in VPN, an ad blocker and tracked blocker to maintain the best level of security.
No more ads, annoying pop-ups and notifications when browsing with Opera.
1. Use an acceptable credit or debit card
Hulu requires and accepts only credit or debit cards issued in the US. So, it is advisable to pay with a card that complies with this requirement to avoid difficulties with payment.
Cards like American Express, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover are accepted for payment. Also, users should note that cards for payment must have at least a $1 balance.
It is required to allow Hulu to process a temporary authorization hold to confirm your payment information.
2. Switch to another mode of payment
Users can switch to other modes of payment as digital payments and gift cards. Hulu accepts PayPal as a payment option.
Likewise, users can purchase Hulu gift cards at select retail outlets.
3. Clear Browser Cache and Cookies
- Launch the Chrome browser and click More.
- Select More Tools and Clear browsing data.
- Select the Advanced option.
- Choose the time range you want to clear and check the boxes for Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files.
- Click Clear data.
Exit the browser and relaunch it when the process is complete.
4. Use another browser
Users may encounter payment issues on Hulu due to browser issues. Hence, recommend you switch to another browser to check if the payment issue persists.
We recommend you check our article for the best browsers for flawless Hulu Live TV streaming to enjoy the best viewing experience.
5. Contact Hulu support
If you are still unable to fix your Hulu payment issues after trying the above fixes, contact Hulu support for help.
However, users can log in to their accounts to use the Hulu update payment option if they want to change payment information.
Also, users can change the billing due date by requesting for Hulu payment extension.
- Launch your browser and log in to your Hulu account.
- Navigate to the Payment method and click on Update payment.
- Add a preferred payment method and select Save Changes.
What happens if I don’t pay Hulu on time?
Hulu’s late payment can lead to your subscription being placed on hold. It blocks your access to the paid benefits.
In conclusion, you can read through our articles on how to fix some issues you may encounter on Hulu. Some are how to fix buffering, freezing, and crashing issues on Hulu and how to fix Hulu error code 2 (975) in a few steps.
If this article has been helpful to you, please leave your suggestions and questions in the comments section. We’d like to hear from you.