Windows Insider was launched in September 2014 with Windows 10. Already in 2015, The Windows Insider Program reached over 7 million people and started to test out Windows 10 Mobile.
Windows Insider program will continue for future updates of Windows 10, as Microsoft announced.
What is Windows Insider?
Windows Insider is an open software testing program by Microsoft which allows users with a valid Windows 10 or Windows server license to gain access to preliminary versions of the operating system that are only available by developers.
This is a very useful program because several issues are solved before the mainstream release of different Windows builds.
How do I join the Windows Insider Program?
Joining the Windows Insider Program is very simple. You need to follow few steps described below:
- Open Settings
- Click on Update & Security and then click on Windows Insider Program
- Click on the Get Started button
- Select Link an account option
- Click on your Microsoft account, and then click Continue
- Select an option from “What kind of content would you like to receive?“:
- Just fixes, apps, and drivers: your device will be on the Release preview ring, but you won’t get preview builds. When the new version is complete, you will get the pre-releases.
- Active development of Windows: you will get preview builds regularly. The pace is also established by you (see below).
- Click Confirm
- On the “What pace do you want to receive preview builds?“, you can select:
- Slow: you will get preview builds with the latest features, but with minimal risk of detecting errors and bugs.
- Fast: using this option you will be more likely to come across errors, bugs, and other problems.
- Click Confirm and then click Confirm again to agree to the terms.
- Restart your computer.
Now your computer is enrolled in the Windows Insider Program. New builds will be downloaded automatically. In case that didn’t happen or you just want to check if there is anything new, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for Updates.
Still, there may be some issues, such as your Microsoft Account requires attention to get insider builds, but here is a full guide to solving that.
If you’re sending an important email message, it is always good to be able to tell when the email has been open. This feature comes […]
Windows 10 users have been encountering an issue with Blender not being able to open on their PCs. Error message Your system does not use […]
Windows 10 contains a Quick Access tab in the File Explorer. This option was not available in previous OS versions. Quick Access contains a list […]