Windows Insider was launched in September 2014 with Windows 10. Already in 2015, The Windows Insider Program reached over 7 million people and started to test out Windows 10 Mobile.
Windows Insider program will continue for future updates of Windows 10, as Microsoft announced.
What is Windows Insider?
Windows Insider is an open software testing program by Microsoft which allows users with a valid Windows 10 or Windows server license to gain access to preliminary versions of the operating system that are only available by developers.
This is a very useful program because several issues are solved before the mainstream release of different Windows builds.
How do I join the Windows Insider Program?
Joining the Windows Insider Program is very simple. You need to follow few steps described below:
- Open Settings
- Click on Update & Security and then click on Windows Insider Program
- Click on the Get Started button
- Select Link an account option
- Click on your Microsoft account, and then click Continue
- Select an option from “What kind of content would you like to receive?“:
- Just fixes, apps, and drivers: your device will be on the Release preview ring, but you won’t get preview builds. When the new version is complete, you will get the pre-releases.
- Active development of Windows: you will get preview builds regularly. The pace is also established by you (see below).
- Click Confirm
- On the “What pace do you want to receive preview builds?“, you can select:
- Slow: you will get preview builds with the latest features, but with minimal risk of detecting errors and bugs.
- Fast: using this option you will be more likely to come across errors, bugs, and other problems.
- Click Confirm and then click Confirm again to agree to the terms.
- Restart your computer.
Now your computer is enrolled in the Windows Insider Program. New builds will be downloaded automatically. In case that didn’t happen or you just want to check if there is anything new, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for Updates.
Still, there may be some issues, such as your Microsoft Account requires attention to get insider builds, but here is a full guide to solving that.
When it comes to organizing and visualizing data, Power BI is a great tool. However, there are situations in which certain information must remain hidden. […]
A wide number of users have reported the error message saying We couldn’t save your tab settings inside Microsoft Teams. The error is usually caused […]
There are many Gujarati speaking people who may look for a way to type in Gujarati on their systems. While Windows offers support for multiple […]