How to Install and Manage Fonts in Windows 10
If you want to add some additional, cool fonts to your Windows 10 OS, you don’t have to put much effort in it, because it’s very easy. And in this article we’ll show you exactly what you need to do to add new fonts to your Windows 10.
Install and manage new fonts in Windows 10
- Use the Fonts folder in Control Panel
- Download fonts from the Microsoft Store
- Other sources to download fonts from
- Managing your fonts
1. Use the Fonts folder in Control Panel
There are two ways to install new fonts in Windows 1. You can add them simply by installing them, or putting them in the Fonts folder in Control Panel. Your fonts are packed in .otf files and these files have an installing option, so just right-click on the font you want to install, and choose Install. If you want to add your font manually, here’s what you need to do:
- Go to Search, type fonts and open Fonts
- Drag your font file to Fonts folder and wait until the installation is complete
2. Download fonts from the Microsoft Store
You can also download and install Windows 10 fonts from the Microsoft Store. There are many resources that you can use to add new fonts on your computer.
For example, the Fonts app lets you customize your posts and replies on social media using a wide variety of fonts.
You can write in different styles and your text will definitely stand out in the crowd. You can also rotate your text if you want to puzzle your friends.
You can download the Fonts app from the Microsoft Store.
3. Other sources to download fonts from
If you want to find some new, cool fonts, just search the internet a little bit, as there are a tons of sites offering beautiful fonts for free. We would recommend Fontspace or 1001 Free Fonts, because these sites are really huge free fonts ba1e.
4. Managing your fonts
Once installed, you can manage your fonts. You can preview them to make sure that you really like them, hide them if you’re not planning on using them any time soon or you can simply delete them.
- To manage your fonts, go to Start > type ‘fonts’ > double click on the first result
- The fonts window will now open, as seen in the screenshot below
- Select the font that you want to manage and click on the option of your choice
There you go, with just a few simple steps, you have new fonts installed on your computer, ready to decorate your project or other kind of work. Adding fonts was a little bit complicated in previous versions of Windows, but since Windows 7 it’s been a piece of cake, and things are still the same in Windows 10 Technical Preview.
As we already showed you, managing your fonts is as easy as installing them. Just go to above-mentioned Fonts folder in Control Panel, where you can preview, add, delete or even print your fonts.
If you have some additional comments or questions, please write the down in the comments section below, we would love to hear them.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in May 2015 and has been since completely revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- 5 font generator software to perfectly match your ideas
- 5 of the best font management software for Windows 10
- How to change Windows 10/8.1 font packs
In this article, we are going to be talking about two November 2018 Patch Tuesday updates – KB4467708 and KB4464455. Both these updates are quality improvement […]
After recent bad news stories about updates released by Microsoft for Windows 10, that you can read here and here, it is refreshing to read (or […]