- The Remote Server Administration (RSAT) is a tool that is used by IT admins to manage servers remotely. In order to access a domain server remotely, you will need Remote Server Administration Tools.
- Since there was a huge demand for the RSAT, Microsoft added it to Windows 10 with the Windows 10 October Update. That means that depending on your version of Windows 10, you should either install it or just enable it.
- If you're interested in remotely controll a computer, check our Remote working apps and tools section.
- It's not a shame if you don't know how to perform certain tasks or use some tools. We can definitely help you with our How to hub guides.
The Remote Server Administration (RSAT) is a tool that is used by IT admins to manage servers remotely.
In order to access a domain server remotely, you’ll need to install Remote Server Administration Tools on Windows 10.
You’ll, of course, need Windows 10 Professional or Enterprise in order to be able to utilize this set of tools.
Now, since there was a huge demand for the RSAT, Microsoft added it to Windows 10 with the Windows 10 October Update.
And that’s why, depending on the iteration of Windows 10 you are running, you should either install it or just enable it.
Use the step-by-step instructions we provided below.
How do I install Remote Server Administrator Tools on Windows 10?
1. Download Remote Server Administrator Tools (prior to Windows 10 October Update)
- Navigate to the official Microsoft Download page.
- Download the version that fits your system version and architecture. You can either save it locally and run it from there or, alternatively, run it directly. It’s your choice.
- Run the installer and accept the License terms.
- Reboot your PC and you should be good to go.
2. Enable Remote Server Administrator Tools (on Windows 10 October Update and later)
- Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Choose Apps.
- Click Apps & features.
- Open Optional features.
- Click on the Add a feature button.
- Find RSAT tools you want to add and add them to your Windows 10.
If you want to disable Remote Server Administrator Tools, follow the steps below:
- In the Windows Search bar, type Windows features, and open Turn Windows features on or off.
- Locate the Remote Server Administrator Tools and expand that section.
- Uncheck the boxes next to features you don’t need anymore.
- Click OK to confirm changes.
Hopefully, these instructions helped you install the Remote Server Administrator Tools on Windows 10 without issues.
In case you have anything to add or take, make sure to tell us in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Remote Server Administration Tools is a tool used by IT admins to manage servers remotely. In order to access a domain server remotely, you’ll need to install this tool on Windows 10.
You need to download it from the RSAT Microsoft download page. After the download ends, install it like any other software. Read our awesome guide with details on how to install Remote Server Administration Tools.
A remote administration tool is a software program that gives a user full control over a tech device, remotely. Check our top remote control software alternatives.