Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- Modifications are essentially unofficial patches made by fans of a game that can change the way things work in-game.
- There are hundreds of mods available for most games on Steam, so there's bound to be something out there that will fit your tastes and style of play.
- If you want to expand your game experience and make it more fun, we show you how to install mods on one of Steam’s top games.
Mods are a great way to enhance the experience of playing your favorite games. They allow you to do things that normally aren’t possible in the game, like adding new characters and items, changing the way it looks and sounds, or even adding new gameplay features.
If you’re a gamer, it’s likely that you’ve heard of Steam and Star Wars. Being a fan-favorite game, we explore how to install Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption mods on Steam.
Why should I install mods on my Steam games?
Mods are a great way to add more fun and replayability to your favorite games. But why should you install mods on Steam? What do they do, and how can they help? Here are some of the best reasons:
- Save time – Installing mods on Steam will not only save you a lot of time, but they can also help you get more things done than before.
- New experience – When you install mods on Steam games, it means that you will be able to have a different kind of experience from what you would have had without them.
- Fun factor – Mods allow you to make your game more immersive or challenging to keep things interesting.
- Enhance graphics – Mods can also improve the graphics or performance of some games. This is especially useful if you’re playing older titles that are no longer supported.
- Bug fixes – Some mods may even fix bugs in the base game itself, making it more stable or giving you a better quality of life when playing it.
- Free of charge – Most mods are developed by fans and are totally free. This is a win for gamers as you get a top-notch experience without a dip in your pockets.
How do I Install Star Wars Forces of Corruption Mods on Steam?
1. Use the Steam library
- Launch Steam and navigate to the Steam Workshop for the Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Pack.
- A list of mods will appear, so browse through available ones. (Note that some mods are tied to specific games and won’t work on every Star Wars version).
- Once you have identified the mod you’d like, click on Subscribe to download.
- Go back and load Star Wars and click on the main menu, select Options, then hit the Mods button.
- A list of mods you have subscribed to will appear. Select the one you’d like to use and the game will download the mod to your system.
- Restart Steam and the mod will now be enabled.
2. Use Command Prompt
- Navigate to your browser and Download SteamCMD.
- Find the AppID for the program. This can be found on Steam’s official page.
- Also, find the ModID. This can be in the mod description box or at the top of the address bar where the link is while browsing the Mod.
- Run SteamCMD and launch the command line version of Steam.
- Type the following commands and remember to replace AppID and ModID with the values you found in 2 and 3 above then press Enter:
workshop_download_item <AppID > <ModID>
The Command Prompt method may be long and tedious for the not-so-tech-savvy users so we recommend you install it from the Steam library.
Aside from the Star Wars mods, there are also a bunch of other games that you may be interested in downloading mods to. If you would like to install Sims 4 mods, we have an excellent article guide for PC and Mac users.
We also have a list of the best mods for the top games if you’re unsure what mods you’d like to try to take your game to the next level.
Let us know which method you found easier to install the Star Wars mods in the comments section below.