- Staying up-to-date with your Bluetooth drivers is very important to ensure the best possible communication between your computer and devices.
- When it comes to updating Intel Bluetooth drivers, the process is not as difficult as some might assume.
- You can either automatically or manually install the drivers, although the latter is recommended.
This year is the 25th anniversary of the launch of the Bluetooth standard. It’s difficult to imagine a world without Bluetooth, considering how many devices utilize it. All the more reason to update it frequently.
Namely, you download the device drivers allowing Bluetooth-supporting devices to operate normally. Updating Intel drivers can be a little tricky, but with a bit of help, you’ll find the process simple.
Why is it important to stay up-to-date with Bluetooth drivers?
Device drivers are what allow Windows 11 to communicate with a Bluetooth-enabled device and vice versa properly. Not having up-to-date software can cause a multitude of problems.
- Your devices will be unable to communicate: This is by far the most important reason why you should update. You’re out of luck if your computer can’t detect the other device.
- Missing drivers can cause the Bluetooth feature to disappear: Installing drivers can restore the functionality, but you may also have to check if the Bluetooth Support service is working.
- You can flush out corruption: Corrupt Bluetooth drivers can also disable the software. New ones can restore the feature, or you can clear it out yourself with the system’s own tools.
How can I download Bluetooth drivers from Intel?
There are multiple ways to download Bluetooth drivers from Intel; all of which we’re going to cover. The methods are pretty straightforward and really easy to do. Additionally, there are some things to consider:
- You can try downloading the drivers through special software like DriverFix. These drivers basically take out all the work from updating computer drivers.
- Download the latest Windows Update. Microsoft is constantly rolling out patches for Windows 11; among them, there could be an update for Bluetooth drivers.
1. Automatically update drivers
- Launch the Device Manager, then expand the Bluetooth entry.
- Right-click your computer’s Bluetooth driver and select Update drivers.
- Click Search automatically for drivers. The Bluetooth drivers will automatically download and install.
2. Update your drivers with a specialized tool
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch software.
- Click on the Start Scan button to find outdated or missing drivers.
- Click Update drivers to get the newest versions.
- Now, wait for DriverFix to download and install the latest updates.
- Restart your computer to make sure all the changes were applied.
DriverFix is one of the most reliable tools for updating your drivers quickly and more efficiently, as it is an automatic program with a massive database.
Try the DriverFix app to update your drivers with the latest versions in no time.
3. Manually update via Intel Wireless Bluetooth Software
- Go to Intel’s website and click the recommended Intel Driver & Support Assistant hyperlink.
- On the following page, click the Download button for the Bluetooth drivers. Wait for the download to finish.
- Click Install once it is finished downloading. If a User Account Control window asks if you want to make changes, select Yes.
- Click Next in the installation wizard window that appears and follow the process.
- When choosing the setup type, select Typical as the recommended option, then click the Install button on the following window.
- Click Finish after it’s done.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
Despite only downloading the Bluetooth drivers in this solution, we recommend clicking Download all on the Driver & Support Assistant page if other updates are available.
4. Restore the Bluetooth feature if missing after updating
- Download the latest driver package on the Intel drivers page (make sure the drop-down menu is set to Windows 10 and Windows 11).
- Click the Download button. Agree to Intel’s Software License Agreement when it appears.
- Double-click the file you just downloaded to run through the same installation wizard as shown earlier.
Some users have reported their Bluetooth functionality missing from Windows 11 after downloading the latest drivers. Follow this solution if Bluetooth indeed disappeared from Settings.
What can I do if my Bluetooth devices are paired, but not connected?
A paired, but not connected device means it’s not working properly. There is something wrong with the connection. It can be your computer’s Bluetooth settings or a driver’s glitch.
There are a couple of ways to go about it. You can set the Bluetooth service startup to Automatic or enable discovery for your devices.
Feel free to leave a comment below if you have any questions about other Bluetooth problems. Leave a suggestion about guides that you’d like to see or information on other Windows 11 features.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.