- Problems with the Intel Smart Sound technology driver will cause your audio to stop working.
- The simplest method to get rid of such issues is updating the OED driver. You can use a third-party app to do it.
- Upgrade to the latest BIOS version. This will also bring more useful features to your disposal.
- The last thing left to do is to reinstall the Realtek firmware through the Device Manager.
That said, at times, your mic and speaker can stop working due to the Intel(r) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED driver problem.
If the error is occurring on your Intel NUC product, you can resolve it by updating the BIOS or Realtek Drivers. Even If you are using a laptop or PC from another manufactures, follow these steps instead.
How to fix the Intel(r) Smart Sound Technology OED driver?
1. Update BIOS
- Visit your manufacturer’s driver download center like Dell, or Lenovo.
- Select your laptop or desktop, PC model.
- Download any BIOS update available for your computer.
- Install the BIOS update.
- Once the update is installed, restart the computer and enter BIOS Setup.
- To enter BIOS Setup, press F2 repeatedly as the initial startup screen appears.
- Press F9 to set factory default.
- Then, press F10 to save and exit the BIOS setup.
Restart the computer and check if the Intel(r) Smart Sound Technology OED driver problem is resolved.
For HP laptops
- Download HP Support Assistant and run the installer to install the app.
- Launch HP Support Assistant and go to the Updates section.
- Select Check for updates and messages and wait for the app to scan for outdated drivers.
- Repeat the steps for Intel drivers as well.
- If there is a BIOS update available, install it.
Once all the updates are installed, restart the system and check for any improvements.
2. Update Realtek drivers
- Press the Windows Key + S and type Device Manager.
- Expand Sound, video and game controllers.
- Right-click on the Realtek driver and select Update driver.
2.1 Update drivers automatically
You can update Realtek drivers manually from Device Manager, or you can simply choose to update them with the help of third-party software.
Automatically resolve the Intel(r) Smart Sound Technology OED Driver problem using a professional tool that allows you to scan for missing and outdated drivers and update them automatically with just a few clicks.
Some of the most common Windows errors and bugs are a result of old or incompatible drivers. The lack of an up-to-date system can lead to lag, system errors or even BSoDs.To avoid these types of problems, you can use an automatic tool that will find, download, and install the right driver version on your Windows PC in just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer create any problems if you download and use this powerful software today.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
3. Reinstall Intel Smart Sound Technology
- Press the Windows key + R to open Run.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
- In Device Manager, expand the Software Components.
- Right-click on Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED.
- Select Uninstall.
- Check the Delete the driver software this device box and click Uninstall.
- Once uninstalled, restart the computer.
- Download the Intel Driver & Support Assistant.
- Run the installer and proceed with the installation.
- Download and install the recommended drivers.
- Restart the computer and check for any improvements.
The Intel(r) Smart Sound Technology OED driver problem can occur due to several reasons. You can fix the error by updating the BIOS and installing Realtek driver updates.
Speaking of updating firmware, it is best to read about the process and the various ways to do it. Check this full guide dedicated to updating drivers on Windows 10 and learn everything there is to know.
We hope this article will come in handy to you. Make sure to follow the steps thoroughly and let us know which method helped you resolve the issue in the comments.