Microsoft today released a new cumulative update for Windows 10. The update is labelled KB3147461, and it is available for download on all devices running ‘the original’ version of Windows 10 (July 2015 release).
This is the second cumulative update for Windows 10 released today. The other one is KB3147458, which is available for users who run Windows 10 Version 1511. Although two updates were released at the same time, they’re not so similar, as each release brings its own improvements to the system.
Windows 10 cumulative update KB3147461 features
Just like the update for Windows 10 Version 1511, cumulative update KB3147461 also brings some bug fixes and system enhancements. Once again, no new features were spotted.
Here’s the complete changelog of the update:
- “Improved reliability for Windows Explorer, Bluetooth, application deployment service, Microsoft Installer (MSI), Cortana, and OS restart.
- Improved notifications in Start menu when updates need to be installed.
- Improved reliability in launching apps.
- Fixed issue with revised daylight savings time.
- Improved support for apps that work with barcode scanners.
- Fixed issue with video playback in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11.
- Fixed issue in resetting password across a domain.
- Fixed additional issues with Internet Explorer 11, times zones in Calendar app, Microsoft ODBC Driver for Oracle, and .NET Framework.
- Improved security for CSRSS to address security feature bypass.
- Fixed additional security issues with Microsoft Edge, HTTP.sys, Microsoft graphics component, secondary logon, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft XML Core Service, Security Account Manager Remote protocol, .NET Framework, and Windows Hyper-V”.
It became a common thing for Microsoft to release updates for both public versions of Windows 10 at the same time, because there are still people using both releases. Also, if you missed the previous cumulative update for Windows 10 (July 2015 release), you’ll get all improvements and bug fixes with this update, since updates are cumulative.
If you encountered any problems after installing KB3147461, let us know in the comments, and we’ll try to help.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Latest Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.218 now available for Insiders
- Cortana now translates French, German, Italian and Spanish in Windows 10
- Here’s how Windows Unlock will work in Windows 10
- Microsoft working on a new design for the Windows Store