Cumulative Update KB3194496 available for Windows 10, download it now
Microsoft rolled out Windows 10 build 14393.222 (KB3194496) to Release Preview and Slow Ring Insiders two days ago. The company just pushed cumulative up KB3194496 to Windows 10 version 1607, bringing a series of quality improvements to the OS.
We expected KB3194496 to become available to the general public on Patch Tuesday, but it appears Microsoft is full of surprises and decided to roll out the update earlier. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update.
Cumulative update KB3194496 brings the following improvements:
- “Improved reliability of the Windows Update Agent, shared drives, virtual private network (VPN), clustering, HTTP downloads, Internet Explorer 11, Hyper-V platform, multimedia playback, and Microsoft Edge.
- Improved performance of push and local notifications, Hyper-V platform, and some social media websites using Microsoft Edge.
- Addressed issue where mapping a drive from an elevated command prompt doesn’t work with administrator credentials.
- Addressed issue causing movies that were ripped using the transport stream (.ts) format to play without sound in Windows Media Player and the Xbox One Media Player app.
- Addressed issue causing the Movies & TV app on the Xbox to stop working when attempting to play content that was just purchased from the Store.
- Addressed issue where ActiveX can’t be installed when using the ActiveX Installer Service (AXIS) in Internet Explorer 11.
- Addressed issue causing “Print all linked documents” to not work in Internet Explorer 11.
- Improved reliability of downloading and updating games from the Store.
- Addressed additional issues with multimedia, Windows kernel, Windows shell, enterprise security, storage file system, Remote Desktop, core platform, Hyper-V platform, Windows Update for Business, display kernel, near field communication (NFC), input and composition, Bluetooth, Microsoft Lync 2010 compatibility, Windows Storage API, app registration, Trusted Platform Module, Group Policy, Internet Explorer 11, virtual private network (VPN), BitLocker, wireless networking, datacenter networking, Cortana, PowerShell, Active Directory, connection manager and data usage, Access Point Name (APN) database, Microsoft Edge, Windows Recovery Environment, file clustering, Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps, audio playback settings, DShow Bridge, app compatibility, licensing, cloud infrastructure, domain name system (DNS) server, network controller, USB barcode reader, and Adobe Flash Player.”
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- KB3193494 update breaks Windows 10 computers
- Download Windows 7 updates KB3179930, KB3179949 , KB3177467 and KB3181988
- Fix: Windows Update Error 0x800ffff in Windows 10
If you’re new to Waze and want to know how to change the guiding voice in your app, then you came to the right place. […]
One of the biggest differences between Waze and other GPS navigation software is the alerts system. Waze benefits from a user input system that allows […]