Cumulative update KB3198586 for Windows 10 version 1511 is now available
Windows 10 version 1511, also known as the November Update, recently received a new update. KB3198586 brings many improvements and fixes in the functionality of this OS and patches a series of critical vulnerabilities.
KB3198586 brings the following fixes and improvements
1. KB3198467: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer
This security update fixes several reported vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer that could allow remote code execution if a user views a specially crafted webpage in Internet Explorer.
2. KB3193479: Security update for Boot Manager
This security update patches a vulnerability in Microsoft Windows that could allow security feature bypass if a physically-present attacker installs an affected boot policy.
3. KB3199647: Security update to Microsoft virtual hard drive
This update patches a vulnerability in Windows VHDMP kernel driver that improperly handles user access to certain files. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to manipulate files in locations that are not intended to be available to the user.
4. KB3199173: Security update for Windows authentication methods
This update fixes a series of vulnerabilities that could allow elevation of privilege. An attacker who successfully exploited this vulnerability could elevate their permissions from unprivileged user account to administrator.
5. KB3199135: Security update for kernel-mode drivers
The most severe of the vulnerabilities in kernel-mode drivers could allow elevation of privilege if an attacker logs on to an affected system and runs a specially crafted application that could exploit the vulnerabilities and take control of the affected system. KB3199135 fixes these vulnerabilities.
6. KB3193706: Security update for common log file system driver
The update patches a major vulnerability that could allow elevation of privilege when the Windows Common Log File System (CLFS) driver improperly handles objects in memory.
7. KB3199120: Security update for Microsoft graphics component
The update fixes a series of severe vulnerabilities could allow a remote code execution. The vulnerability exists when the Windows font library improperly handles specially crafted embedded fonts.
8. KB3199151: Security update for Microsoft video control
KB3199151 fixes a severe vulnerability that could allow remote code execution if Microsoft Video Control fails to properly handle objects in memory.
9. KB3199172: Security update for Microsoft Windows
KB3199172 patches severe vulnerabilities could allow remote code execution if a locally authenticated attacker runs a specially crafted application.
10. KB3199057: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge
This security update resolves multiple vulnerabilities in Microsoft Edge. The most severe of these vulnerabilities could allow remote code execution if a user views a specially crafted webpage in Microsoft Edge.
If you have installed previous updates, only the new fixes included in this package will be downloaded and installed to your computer. If you are installing a Windows 10 update package for the first time, the package size for the x86 version is 555 MB, and 1030 MB for the x64 version.
You can use two methods to download KB3198586 for Windows 10 v1511:
- via Windows Update: in this manner, the update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- via the Microsoft Update Catalog: to get the stand-alone package for KB3198586, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update reverts to v1511 by itself for some
- Windows 10 ‘s November Update Causes BootCamp Problem
- Windows Update Settings in Windows 10: What You Need to Know
Computer problems are usually not that complicated to fix. The real problem is that most people are not that keen to try and fix them, […]
Live streaming is the hottest trend and a powerful streaming software makes the entire process a lot easier. A streaming software primarily helps you with […]