Windows 10 KB4038782 install fails for many users
This month’s Patch Tuesday edition brought a series of useful Windows 10 updates. Cumulative update KB4038782 for Windows 10 version 1607 fixes a bevy of issues, including Internet Explorer bugs, Windows driver errors, and more.
Just as it happens with every new update, KB4038782 also brings issues of its own. Many users reported that the update install process often fails. This is by far the most frequent problem currently affecting users.
KB4038782 fails to install
Here’s how two different users describe this issue:
I then checked for windows updates however it always states that the updates have failed saying Error 0x800706ba – the updates being
– Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4033637). (comes up twice)
– 2017-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4038782).
– 2017-09 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4038806).
2017-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4038782) Failed to install on 9/12/2017″ is all I get. The update downloads, prepares to install, then asks me to restart the computer. I restart, it installs to about 21%, then gives up. It then undoes the changes and uninstalls.
If you can’t install KB4038782 on your PC, try using Microsoft’s Windows Update Troubleshooter. Indeed, updating Windows 10 can often turn into a nightmare. This tool will help you solve various Windows Update errors and unlock the update process.
If the Windows Update Troubleshooter fails to solve the annoying KB4038782 install issues, check out our dedicated article on “How to address common issues with Windows Update“. We’re sure that one of the solutions available in this article will help you install KB4038782.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Fall Creators Update will limit the bandwidth used for Windows Update
- Block WannaCry/WannaCrypt attacks by downloading these Windows updates
- Fix: Windows Update error code 0x80070020
The Adobe Acrobat PDF (Portable Document Format) software throws out an “Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE server” error message for some users. That […]