Windows 10 KB4041691 fixes system crashes and Internet Explorer bugs
This month’s Patch Tuesday brought a long list of updates aimed at making Windows more stable and reliable. The Windows 10 Anniversary Update, patch KB4041691, should help get rid of system crashes and boost your OS’ security.
As expected, this update includes only quality improvements and doesn’t bring any new system features.
- Addressed issue where the Universal CRT caused the linker (link.exe) to stop working for large projects.
- Addressed issue with form submissions in Internet Explorer.
- Addressed issue with rendering a graphics element in Internet Explorer.
- Addressed issue with docking and undocking Internet Explorer windows.
- Addressed issue caused by a pop-up window in Internet Explorer.
- Addressed issue where a vendor API deleted data unexpectedly.
- Addressed issue where SD propagation stops working when you manually trigger Security Descriptor propagation (SDPROP) by setting the RootDse attribute FixupInheritance to 1.
- Addressed access violation in LSASS that occurs during startup of domain controller role conditions.
- Addressed issue where USBHUB.SYS randomly causes memory corruption that results in random system crashes that are extremely difficult to diagnose.
- Addressed issue where the ServerSecurityDescriptor registry value does not migrate when you upgrade to Windows 10 1607. As a result, users might not be able to add a printer using the Citrix Print Manager service.
- Security updates to Microsoft Windows Search Component, Windows kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Graphics Component, Internet Explorer, Windows kernel, Microsoft Edge, Windows Authentication, Windows TPM, Device Guard, Windows Wireless Networking, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Microsoft Windows DNS, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Server, Microsoft JET Database Engine, and the Windows SMB Server.
KB4041691 known issues
Microsoft added three known issues to the list:
- After installing KB4041691, users won’t be able to download updates using express installation files.
- The KB numbers appear twice under Installed Updates after installing a delta update package.
- Users may see an error informing them that an application exception has occurred when closing some applications. This problem can affect apps that use mshtml.dll to load web content.
If you encountered other issues after installing this update, use the comment section below to tell us more about your experience.
For more information about KB4041691, check out Microsoft’s Support page.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to fix Windows 10 ‘Update & Security’ tab not working
- Windows 10 update error 0x80004005: Here are 6 ways to quickly fix it
- Microsoft will release two Windows 10 updates every year
Many users have reported Internet connection sharing error 1053 when trying to start the Internet Connection Sharing services (ICS). After our research regarding this error […]
According to some Reddit users, Windows 10 v1903 caused problems for .ogg extension files. In other words, they can’t play .ogg files on their computers […]
Many users complained on Reddit that Windows 10 v1903 update often gets stuck. One user says that is getting the What Needs Your Attention message. […]