Download KB4056892 to fix memory issues, Edge delays, crashes and more
Microsoft rolled out an important Windows 10 version 1709 update that makes Edge more stable, fixes server memory issues and patches a series of security vulnerabilities.
Update KB4056892 takes the build number version to 16299.192. You can download and install it automatically from Windows Update or get the standalone package from the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
- Fixed the issue where event logs stop receiving events when a maximum file size policy is applied to the channel.
- Printing an Office Online document in Microsoft Edge should now work as intended.
- Touch keyboard now support the standard layout for 109 keyboards.
- Addressed video playback issues, including in Microsoft Edge that prevented devices from playing video on multiple display configurations.
- Fixed the bug where Microsoft Edge stops responding for up to 3 seconds.
- The issue where only 4 TB of memory is shown in Windows Server version 1709 has been fixed. The Task Manager now displays accurate information about the installed, configured, and available memory.
- Security updates to Windows SMB Server, the Windows Subsystem for Linux, Windows Kernel, Windows Datacenter Networking, Windows Graphics, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, and the Microsoft Scripting Engine.
Unfortunately, KB4056892 also brings issues of its own. Microsoft listed three know issues on the list, which include:
- Install may get stuck at 99% and may show high CPU or disk usage if a device was reset using the Reset this PC functionality after installing KB4054022.
- Windows Update History reports that KB4054517 failed to install with error 0x80070643.
- When calling CoInitializeSecurity, the call fails if passing RPC_C_IMP_LEVEL_NONE under certain conditions.
The good news is that the first two issues can be quickly fixed using the workarounds that Microsoft posted on KB4056892’s support page.
Have you installed the latest Windows 10 Fall Creators Update patches on your computer? If you encountered other issues apart from the ones listed above, tell us more about your experience in the comments below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Screen became pixelated after Windows update
- How to update outdated drivers in Windows 10
- Can’t update spyware protection on your computer?
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]