- Designing a knife may sound easy enough, but you won't be able to obtain the result you desire without a solid graphics designing tool.
- You will need a knife design tool that can handle both 2D and 3D design and can also support further exporting the design as a compatible file format.
- The Adobe suite provides a great tool that will help you create the knife design you dreamed of as a pro, so don't miss it.
- We also present one of the simplest programs you could ever use for product design, rendering, and simulation, so be sure to read our full article below.
The best knife design software in the world is capable of making your knife designing task easy. It is a platform where you can seamlessly create your own knife design and get a 3D view of your progress.
This kind of software is equipped with all the tools and means to perfect your craft through the automated process.
This software usually comes in a package, where you can design your home and everything inside, including knives. There are templates to choose from, and the instruction is fairly easy to follow.
You can hone your skills in home design and knife making at the same time. And you get to do that in less amount of time compared to manually crafting your designs.
The best thing is, you don’t need technical experience to use the knife design software. You only need basic computer knowledge, and wisdom to follow instructions.
What’s the best software for knife making?
Topping out our list is a software tool that has become synonymous with the idea of graphics design, especially in the world of professionals.
Adobe Illustrator CC is a vector-based graphics editor that you can use to create pretty much anything you can think of, as long as it is visually-related.
For example, designing something as simple as a knife is not a problem at all for Illustrator, regardless of whether we are talking about 2D or 3D design.
You have all the tools that you may ever need at your disposal, from free-hand drawing tools to shapes based on precise geometric measurements, all within the same UI.
More so, you can expand Illustrator’s functionality thanks to its extensive plug-in support for both official and community-created resources.
Here are some of the perks of using Adobe Illustrator CC:
- Complete synergy with several other Adobe products, such as Photoshop or Spark
- Professional-level graphics design capabilities limited only by your imagination
- The UI is extremely familiar if you’ve ever used an image editor before
- A never ending supply of online tutorials thanks to its popularity
- You can test it out for free for 7 days
Adobe Illustrator CCEasily create your own knife design that stands out with Adobe Illustrator, so be sure to try it out now!
The second entry on our list is a software tool that is very similar to Adobe Illustrator: Adobe Photoshop.
In fact, as far as the UI is concerned, the two programs are nearly identical, so anyone used to Illustrator will instantly know how to use Photoshop and vice-versa.
However, Adobe Photoshop is a raster-based image editor, and it focuses a bit more on the photo editing and doctoring aspects of graphic design.
However, that doesn’t make it any less good at designing knives, since al the basic drawing tools are present here as well.
Besides, anything you create in Photoshop can then be easily exported to Illustrator if you want to use that for the finishing touches
Here are some of the perks of using Adobe Photoshop:
- Works well with other programs that work with images, such as Illustrator or Spark
- The program has been around for so long that everyone knows the UI
- Offers support for graphics tablets and other freehand tools.
- Great for designing knives from scratch
- You can test it out for free for 7 days
While the two entries from above support 3D design as well, maybe you’d feel better with a tool that has a long history of being good at it.
If that is the case, then maybe you should give Autodesk Inventor a shot, since this is one of the simplest programs you could ever use for product design, rendering, and simulation.
Of course, this program’s extensive toolset makes it suited for the design of incredibly complex machinery, so something as simple as a common kitchen, combat or hunting knife should be easy to pull off.
More so, the program is great since you have plenty of presets already present, so starting off from scratch with a design is never an actual requirement.
Here are some of the perks of using Autodesk Inventor:
- Extremely easy to use compared to other Autodesk tools
- A short learning curve
- Great for manufacturing parts, and even objects
- Works with DWG files that are supported by most CAD software
- Animation and annotated exploded views
The 4th entry on our list is another Autodesk product, only this time we are talking about Autodesk Fusion 360.
Fusion 360 set out to be the best-integrated CAD and design software and judging by how it evolved compared to other CAD tools, it is certainly on the right track.
What makes Autodesk Fusion 360particularly good at designing knives is that since the task itself is quite simple, Autodesk Fusion 360’s intuitive interface will go along just fine.
Of course, this ease-of-access does come as a trade-off for some functionality but considering that you are planning to design knives and not rocket engines, this program will suffice.
Here are some of the perks of using Autodesk Fusion 360:
- Projects can be stored on the cloud and accessed from any machine
- One of the most well-seen CAD programs
- Easy learning curve
- Intuitive UI
- Free for home users
The last entry on our list is most certainly not least, and it is yet another graphics design tool that a lot of you may already recognize: the CorelDraw Graphics Suite.
This entire suite of programs will bring you everything you may ever need in order to design anything, let alone something as simple as a knife.
The CorelDraw Graphics Suite contains the following 7 programs:
- Corel PHOTO-PAINT
- Corel Font Manager
- AfterShot 3 HDR
If you’re already familiar with the program, then you probably know that the first two programs are enough by themselves for this particular job, but if you can get all 7 of them at a decent price, why not take advantage?
Without a doubt, knife design software is greatly helpful for knife craftsmen and serious hobbyists. It is a powerful tool to create unique designs without worrying about making mistakes.
You can easily modify what you need to change through the simple tools included in the software.
The five best knife design software we have chosen for you are the best in the market. We collated them to help you decide the most suitable knife design software for your personal or professional use.
The chosen products we listed are perfect for overall interior design and individual knife designs.
Frequently Asked Questions
All you need to do is a graphics design tool that can support both 2D and 3D editing, and then a means through which you can create the knife based on your design.
Some of the best tools that you can use for knife design include Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Autodesk Inventor and Fusion 360, and some of the programs from the CorelDraw Graphics Suite.
Besides actually designing real knives, these tools can also be used to create knives for games, such as 3D models, or just skins.