- If you want to remove the background from images, this article will show you how to do this like a pro in no time.
- Editing images is more fun if you choose a suitable software that will help you to glam photos by yourself.
- Choosing one of the background removal software listed below is useful for both beginners and advanced photo editors.
- You can start with a tool from Adobe and see all its great features, but check out our list for full suggestions.
We have listed the best background removal software on the market, so take a look at our list.
What is the best background removal software?
Removing the background from images is a difficult task that requires the use of software suitable for this function.
inPixio Photo Studio Pro 11 is just the tool you need! With its eraser function, you’ll be able to remove unwanted objects or people from your image while keeping the full quality.
Thanks to the photo montage feature, you can now create the background you want in just 3 steps: select the photo for your photo montage, then crop your photo and simply drag it onto the new background, and that’s it!
Photo Studio Pro 11
inPixio Photo Studio Pro 11 helps you improve your photos by easily manipulating them with professional results. Try it out now!
- Open the respective image file.
- Zoom in for a more accurate selection, and right-click the Background layer.
- Go to the Layer from background option.
- Choose the Quick selection tool, and select the background. You can adjust your selection by clicking the Substract from selection brush.
- Right-click the image, and choose Select Inverse.
- Select Revine Edge to refine the edges of the image.
- Adjust the edges until you’re satisfied with the result, and save your picture.
Adobe Photoshop is a powerful image editing tool that allows you to create literally anything you can imagine. You can use this extremely versatile tool to enhance your photos and create true masterpieces.
Photoshop can also remove background from pictures. You can then leave the image as it is or add a new background.
Working with surgeon precision, Adobe Photoshop removes the background in less than two minutes.
- Open your desired image file.
- On the Menu bar, select Image, and choose the Cutout Lab feature.
- Click the Highlighter tool, customize the thickness of the highlighter tool, and use it to define the edge of the main object.
- Select the Inside fill tool, and click inside the area that you want to remove.
CorelDRAW is a powerful RAW image editor that you can use to add a series of effects to your photos, as well as retouch or enhance your pictures.
You can also use this software to remove background thanks to its dedicated Cutout Lab feature.
This useful option allows you to cut out image areas from the surrounding background, while preserving edge details, such as hair or blurred edges.
CorelDRAW is a feature-rich tool that you can use for many image editing purposes. The software is particularly suitable for graphics designers.
As its official description says, PhotoScissors instantly removes background from your photos. PhotoScissors uses the same selection mechanism as Clipping Magic.
More specifically, you can quickly mark the area you want to preserve, as well as the areas you want to cut out and the software takes care of the rest.
If you’re not an image editing expert, PhotoScissors is the right choice for you as you don’t need any specific skills for the job.
PhotoScissors also allows you to swap background, create a collage or move objects on photos. There is no limit as to the image size. The software supports all popular graphic formats.
GIMP is a feature-rich image editor that also support background removal. Although you’ll need a significant amount of patience to draw the edges of the image you want to keep, the result is worth the effort.
However, when it comes to background removal, this software has some limitations. If you want to remove background on a photo with a kitten, that’s going to be a very difficult, and sometimes even impossible task.
Selecting all the strands of hair sticking out is indeed a daunting task.
If you need the tool to select objects with regular edges, GIMP will help you get the job done.
⇒ Get GIMP
If you often need a tool to remove background from images, we recommend buying a professional software such as Photoshop or CorelDraw.
These are feature-rich tools that you can use for other image editing tasks, as well.
On the other hand, if your background removal task is a short term one, then you can use Clipping Magic or PhotoScissors.
If you’ve used other background removal tools that you think we should add to this list, let us know in the comments below.
Also, leave there any other questions that you may have, and we’ll be sure to check them out.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are a lot of online and free tools that can help you with removing the white background. Background Burner and Clipping Magic are two effective remover apps, and you can utilize them within your browser.
Paint and Paint 3D are free and ready to go tools if you have a Windows version, so they effectively will help you to remove the background color from your images.