- League of Legends is a free-to-play MOBA game developed by Riot Games.
- Many players reported an error message when trying to log into LoL.
- For more great articles on this amazing game, check out our League of Legends Hub.
- Dedicated gamers might also be curious to check out our website's Gaming page as well.
When you wish to log in, you may get the error message saying that there was an unexpected error with the login session.
League of Legends fans have complained about this error, as it shows up at times you don’t expect and ruins your planned gaming sessions.
It’s likely a bug, but the good news is that we have fixes that work for all users.
How do I repair the LoL login session error?
1. Sign out of the game before the error shows
- Load the League of Legends client as usual and log in to your account.
- Before you get the error message appears, click on the X button as if you want to close the game.
- On clicking X, LoL will ask if you wish to exit or sign out.
- Finally, hit Sign out.
League of Legends will restart, and this time without the unexpected error with login session.
2. Sign out and close processes in Task Manager
- Launch the League of Legends client.
- Next, press ALT + F4 to close the client. From the options, click on Sign out.
- After signing out, press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC to bring up Task Manager.
- From Task Manager, locate and close every instance of RiotClientServices.exe and LeageofLegends.exe.
- When you are sure that all is closed, load the client once again and attempt to log in.
- If you still get the there was an unexpected error with the login session League of Legends message, repeat the steps again, but on step 4, also close the KillerServiceNetwork.exe program.
Riot Games, the developer of League of Legends proffered the second solution to clear the there was an unexpected error with the login session League of Legends issue.
Try the first solution, and if it doesn’t help clear the error, then use the official method. Let me know in the comments which solution worked for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Riot constantly patches up League of Legends to be as bug-free as possible. However, the occasional issues can still slip through, such as DirectX -related issues.
Yes, League of Legends is completely free, and the only things you need to pay for are cosmetic items or things that will boost your leveling, but nothing that actually influences gameplay.
Yes, you can. For more information on how to do this, check out this guide on how to change your in-game name in 2 steps.