Lightning to 3.5 mm headphone jack adapters are intended to connect devices that use a 3.5 mm audio plug to your lightning devices.
This pretty much includes any device that has a lightning connector such as iPod, iPhone, and iPad. Do you like scattering the Internet and looking for deals before buying a new product?
There’s nothing wrong with that. On the other hand, if you’re a busy person, you might as well check out the handy list below.
We’ve listed the top five options on the market, so be sure to check them out and choose the one that best fits your budget and needs.
What are the best lightning to 3.5 mm headphone jack adapters?
- Compatible with iOS 11/12/13 or later systems
- Advanced noise reduction technology
- MFi certified –designed to connect specifically to iPhone
- Great sound quality
- Volume control issues
This Apple MFi certified iPhone 3.5 mm headphone jack adapter is your best bet if you support the belief that Apple products work best with other Apple products.
Buy it and you will see that it works with most headphones, including some high-end models with higher impedance ratings.
With advanced noise reduction technology, it supports up to 48 kHz, not to mention that no extra software is required. Just plug in and enjoy fidelity sound quality in your iPhone.
- Extensive compatibility
- Advanced noise reduction technology
- Apple aux adapter made of Hi-Q aluminum alloy case
- Portable size
- Compatibility issues for some users
Things are as simple as they can get: you are about to buy a reliable UGREEN 3.5mm lightning adapter that’s certified by Apple to meet rigid iPhone requirements.
Only plug the adapter in your iPhone, let your Apple equipment recognize it for a few seconds, and then enjoy the music vibe.
Moreover, the durable design is unquestionable, with no damages, scratches, bendings, or tearings to worry about.
- Ideal for stationary usage
- MFi-certified, so it meets Apple performance standards
- Supports iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, X, 8/8 Plus, 7/7 Plus
- Connects to car stereos and portable speaker systems
- Convenient 3 foot/0.9M and 6 foot/1.8M lengths
- Questionable audio at times
Well, this one stands out from the crowd as well. It’s not a regular adapter, but rather a cable that plugs into your iPhone’s lightning port and into your car’s stereo or headphones with a male 3.5mm port on the other side of the cable.
Some might argue that it isn’t the most practical situation for everyday use and they aren’t wrong.
However, it is a top recommendation if you plan on keeping it in one place like on a dedicated pair of portable headphones, or even in your car.
- Premium aluminum housing
- Premium nylon braided type C cable
- Extended 18-month warranty
- Bold color choice
- Friendly 24/7 customer service
- Not compatible with iPad Pro 11
This JSAUX lightning to 3.5mm adapter is also worthy of your attention. Firstly, it meets Apple’s MFi certification requirements.
The Apple MFi certification and JSAUX strict quality testing ensure that you can securely connect with your Apple devices.
As for the special strain relief design, can bear 15000+ bends in strict laboratory tests, while the premium aluminum housing makes the cable more durable.
- Compatible with headphones, microphones, and speakers
- MFI certified by Apple to meet rigid iPhone requirements
- 100% copper wire core
- Seamless Plug-and-Play connectivity
- Small enough to fit in your pocket or bag
- Lacks telephone headsets compatibility
The Chargeworx lightning adapter was built for everyday use. Don’t you imagine that its strong, durable shell turns it into a bulky beast that you cannot carry around.
You get instead a well built and compact adapter at the same time. Most important of all, you can listen to their headphones without distortions or sound quality loss.
Even more, ChargeWorx audio lightning adapters are designed to work with all your favorite iPhones, including the iPhone X, XR, XS, and XS Max.
To sum up, none of these lightning to 3.5 mm headphone jack adapters won’t break the bank. It’s all about your guilty little pleasure to keep up with the latest technologies and take advantage of opportunities.
For even more options to pick from, check out these cable deals to connect all your devices. Then, don’t forget to share your choice in the comments section below.
FAQ: Learn more about the best tech choices for a great sound quality
- Does the lightning adapter affect audio quality?
Distorting or limiting sound quality shouldn’t be an issue to worry about. However, that’s possible if you use the best lightning to 3.5mm headphone jack adapters.
- Does a DAC improve sound quality?
Yes, a DAC helps you enjoy a superior sound quality. See that by yourself and choose one of these best headphone amps with USB DAC.
- Can you use your own headphones on the plane?
Yes, you can. To make an informed choice, check out this best Bose headphones list.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in November 2019 and was revamped and updated in November 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.