Linksys routers should automatically transmit their hotspot service set identifier into the open air in beacons. This makes it easy for nearby computers and other devices to see and connect to the network, so a Linksys router that is not broadcasting its SSID can turn into a serious problem.
Chances are you don’t want to keep on connecting to the Linksys router by using its IP address all the time. For this reason, in this article, we have listed a couple of ways to correct the issue.
What can I do if my Linksys router is not broadcasting the SSID?
1. Check that SSID Broadcast is Enabled
- Open a web browser on any Linksys router-connected computer or mobile device and typing 192.168.1.1 into the address bar.
- Log in with your administrator credentials to the setup page.
- Click Wireless.
- Make sure you tick Enabled box for SSID Broadcast.
- If the Configuration View is set to Wi-Fi Protected Setup, select Manual.
- Then, tick Enabled for SSID Broadcast.
- If it’s already this way, set it to Disabled then back to Enabled again.
- Click Save Changes and see if that helps.
Make sure that Broadcast SSID is visible. To unhide the SSID and allow other devices to view your wireless network, follow the steps above.
2. Ensure that Linksys router firmware is updated
If you’re particularly security-conscious, you already know that installing the latest available updates is essential to keep your network both safe and efficient. Just ensure that the router is running on the latest firmware by going to the web-based setup page.
3 Make sure Network is enabled
Before concluding that the router is not working properly, you might consider checking if the Network option is enabled on the user interface as well. If not, change that immediately and see if the issue persists.
Let us know which of the methods above did the trick for you in the comment section below. Also, leave there any other questions or suggestions that you may have and we’ll be sure to check them out.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT:
- Invalid IP address range on Linksys router [EXPERT FIX]
- Fix: Windows 10 can’t Connect to router
- VPN does not work through router: Here’s how to enable the connection