- Many users of the Logitech MX Master 3 complain the gesture button randomly stops working and the main reason for that is an error during shortcut configuration.
- It was also observed that after an update, some users have the same issue. This may be due to a problem with the connection or driver.
- In this guide, we will also highlight how you can use a third-party tool to get it fixed instantly.
Yes, the Logitech MX Master 3 is a great choice for productivity usage especially if you will be using your mouse all day. But despite it being a bestseller on the Logitech website (at the time of writing), users have complained about issues with the gesture button.
There are lots of discussions about these on many tech-related forums while most contributors were unable to provide lasting solutions. Based on observation, it seems the problem with the Logitech MX master 3 gesture button is not peculiar to Windows users.
This is why we have decided to highlight different steps that can help you resolve the matter and start enjoying the optimal functionality of your mouse.
Why is my Logitech MX Master 3 gesture button not working?
The Logitech MX Master 3 can be connected to the computer via two methods, one is using the Unifying receiver plugged into the computer and the other is using wireless Bluetooth.
If there is any issue during either of the two connections, the mouse gesture button will not work.
Meanwhile, many users complain that the problem with their Logitech MX Master 3 gesture button started after an update on their system.
What can I do if my Logitech MX Master 3 gesture button is not working?
1. Restart the system
2. Connect via Bluetooth
- Check and confirm that the Logitech MX Master 3 power is switched on.
- Search for Bluetooth using the Windows search. In the displayed result(s), select Bluetooth and other devices. Next, click Open.
- Toggle the Bluetooth switch to ON. Then click on Add device.
- Under the Choose the kind of device you want to add, select Bluetooth (Mice, keyboards, pens, audio devices, controllers, and more). This will help you search for the Logitech MX Master 3.
- Long press the Connect button on the Logitech MX Master 3 for about three seconds. When you notice the Connect light is flashing, check your system screen for discovered devices. Select the matching name for your mouse. After this, the system will automatically try to establish a connection.
If you are using the fix method above, make sure your Logitech MX Master 3 is within range. This means that it is not too far from your system because that is the only way the system can discover it.
3. Update the mouse driver
- Right-click on the Window Logo on the taskbar. Select Device Manager.
- Right-click on the Mice and other printing devices. Next, select Update driver.
- Restart your computer. Refer to Step 1 of this guide if you don’t know how to do that.
To save yourself the stress of going through the steps above, use DriverFix. It will handle all necessary driver updates required on your PC.
Aside from solving the issue with your Logitech MX Master 3 driver, it can also resolve driver issues with other devices connected to your system.
4. Download the Logitech Options
- Visit the official Logitech Options download page on your browser. Select the most compatible option for your system.
- After download, click the arrow beside the new file and then select Open.
- Select INSTALL LOGITECH OPTIONS.
- Choose whether to share analytics data or not. This option implies that, if you choose the YES, SHARE ANALYTICS DATA, information about your usage of the mouse will be shared with the manufacturer.
- Wait for the system to start and finish the installation.
- Login to your account or create a new one if you don’t have one. Clicking this option will open your browser.
- After Login, reopen the Logitech Options to connect your device. In case it is not already. After a successful connection, assign your preferred shortcuts to the gesture buttons.
There you have it all. But then, before you go, it is important you know that the steps above may be performed in succession.
For instance, to ensure your Logitech Options connects to the system, you may use the Add/Remove Bluetooth Device option and that means you will be using the Connect via Bluetooth method highlighted above.
The Logitech MX Master 3 is one of the most inspired choices out there. Check out our review of other best ergonomic mice in case you want to replace the one you currently possess.
Don’t forget to share your experience after trying all of the fix methods we explained in this article. Likewise, drop your comment if you found another way to solve this.