- If your Apple screen mirroring service is not working, this guide will provide some useful solutions.
- To start fixing this issue, first, make sure that your devices meet the hardware requirements, and then install the latest updates.
- Don't forget to bookmark our detailed Mac page for more up-to-date information that's just a few clicks away.
- To never have to worry about not being able to fix Mac problems, check out our Mac Fix Hub.
Apple screen mirroring is an incredibly useful feature, but what if Apple Screen mirroring does not work? This can be a problem, and in today’s article, we’re going to show you how to fix this issue for good.
What to do if Apple screen mirroring doesn’t work?
1. Make sure that your devices meet the hardware requirements
If the screen mirroring isn’t working, you need to check if your devices meet the hardware requirements. You can screen mirror from iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch with iOS 12.3 and Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14.5 or newer. As for audio streaming, you should be able to stream from any Apple device.
You also need to pay attention to the requirements of the destination device. In most cases, as long as the destination device has a Works with Apple AirPlay sticker on it, it should support screen mirroring.
2. Make sure you have the latest updates installed
If Apple screen mirroring isn’t working, you need to make sure that you have the latest updates installed. This goes for your Apple devices, so make sure you have the latest system and firmware updates installed.
The same applies to the destination devices, be sure that the operating system/firmware on the destination devices is up to date in order to avoid any compatibility issues.
3. Check your network
In some instances, your network settings can cause problems with Apple screen mirroring. To fix this issue, you need to restart your router/modem and check if that helps. In addition, make sure that all your devices are on the same Wi-Fi network. This is especially important if you’re using dual-band routers.
Lastly, make sure that there’s no interference. Sometimes your devices might be too far one from another and that can cause issues with screen mirroring, so be sure to move devices closer to each other.
4. Restart your devices and check AirPlay settings
If the screen mirroring doesn’t work, you might be able to fix the problem simply by restarting all your devices. In addition, you might want to check AirPlay settings on all your Apple devices and make sure that no restrictions are set.
In today’s guide, we explored some simple solutions that can help you if the Apple screen mirroring doesn’t work for you.
FAQ: Learn more about screen mirroring on Apple devices
- How can I mirror my iPhone to my TV without Apple TV?
To mirror your iPhone to your TV without using an Apple TV device, connect both your phone and TV to the same WiFi network and then you can activate the Screen Mirroring feature on your iPhone from the Control Center.
- How do you use screen mirroring?
You can use screen mirroring to watch the video clips and photos stored on your phone on a bigger screen, and even to play games by mirroring a device’s screen onto another.
- How do I connect my iPhone to my smart TV wirelessly?
You can connect your iPhone to your Smart TV wirelessly either by using an Apple TV box or by connecting both devices to the same WiFi, and screen mirroring.