Download Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 Anniversary Update now
The Windows 10 N editions offer the same functionality and features as other editions of Windows 10, except for media-related technologies. A series of apps are not available in the N editions of Windows 10 version 1607, such as : Windows Media Player, Skype, Video or Voice Recorder.
Users have to install 3rd-party programs to access media content, play or create audio CDs, media files, and video DVDs, stream music, or to take and store pictures.
If you’re running a Windows 10 1607 N Edition, you can now download the new Media Feature Pack which includes the following features:
- “Windows Media Player: enables Windows Media Player features, such as the ability to play media files and audio CDs, manage media in a library, create a playlist, provide media metadata (including album art), create an audio CD, transfer music to a portable music player, and play streamed content from the website.
- Windows Media Player ActiveX control: exposes methods and properties for manipulating multimedia playback from a webpage or an app.
- Windows Media Format: provides support for the Advanced Systems Format (ASF) file container, the Windows Media audio and video codecs, basic network streaming capability, and digital rights management (DRM).
- Windows Media DRM: enables the secure delivery of protected content for playback on a computer, portable device, or network device.
- Media sharing and Play To: enables music, pictures, and videos on a networked computer to be shared with other computers and devices on the same network. Also enables computers to find those kinds of files on the network.
- Media Foundation: provides support for content protection, audio and video quality, and interoperability for DRM.
- MPEG, WMA, AAC, FLAC, ALAC, AMR, Dolby Digital audio, and Opus codecs: enable playback of digital audio content such as MP3, WMA, MPEG-2 audio, AAC, FLAC, ALAC, AC-3, and Opus.
- VC-1, MPEG-4, H.264, H.265, H.263, and VP9 codecs: enable Windows 10 software experiences such as Windows Media Player to support activities that include the playback and creation of multimedia files that are encoded with standards-based codecs.
- Groove: apreinstalled app that plays digital music.
- Movies & TV: a preinstalled app that plays digital video.
- Voice Recorder: a preinstalled app for recording sounds.
- Skype: a preinstalled app for messaging and communications.”
You can download the Media Feature Pack from Microsoft’s support page.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Windows 10 won’t wake up from sleep after the Anniversary Update
- Fix Windows 10 Anniversary Update black screen issues
- How to fix Windows 10 Anniversary Update crashes and freezes
Whether you use web-based email services or desktop email clients to manage your account, emails are used for business and personal communication by almost everyone. […]
The Adobe Acrobat PDF (Portable Document Format) software throws out an “Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE server” error message for some users. That […]