- MetaTrader client can stop working after installing a Windows 10 update leaving the client inaccessible.
- We have discussed in detail how to fix the MetaTrader stopped working and push notification issue in the article below.
- Consider bookmarking our PC Software section for more resources on trading platforms.
- We also have a dedicated Trading Software hub that you might be interested in checking out.
MetaTrader 4 is a popular electronic trading platform available for Windows 10. However, some users have reported the app to be not working after installation or update.
The app can stop working after installing Windows 10 update. At times, the push notification feature fails to send notifications as well.
The app can stop working due to compatibility issue or if the Windows update broke the installation.
In this article, we have listed a couple of troubleshooting tips to help you resolve the MetaTrader not working issue related to connection and log in on Windows 10.
How to fix connection problems in MT4
MT4 stopped working after Windows 10 Update
If your MetaTrader 4 app (MT4) is not working after reinstalling Windows 10, then it is a common issue. In a blog post,
MetaQuotes had posted an update acknowledging the issue encountered by the MetaTrader users due to the Windows update.
According to the company, in order to protect traders’ information, the MetaTrader platform binds all data to the operating system and hardware of the computer on which it is installed.
However, due to the change of keys, applications from the market will lose one activation, because the product is bound to the operating system.
The company also provides an additional activation for all product purchased from the market regardless of the operating system.
If you are experiencing issues after installing Windows 10 update, check if you have received the additional activation from MetaQuotes.
Once you have the activation key, download and reinstall MetaTraders to access your account and data.
Check the logs
If you don’t want to reinstall MetaTrader, or just want to be sure if any else is not causing the issue, use the log feature to identify the issue. Here’s how to check the log file on MetaTrader 4.
- Right-click on your MetaTrader 4
- Open Go to File Location.
- Click on Metaeditor.exe.
- Click on Mql4 and then click on Logs.
- Open the most recent log file.
- Go through the log file and see for any changes occurred that may have broken the software.
MT4 not working after reinstalling Windows 10
If you are unable to launch MT4 after re-installing Windows 10, make sure you have the latest version of MT4 installed.
MetaQuotes had released an update to fix compatibility issues with the Windows 10 April update.
Metatrader 4 push notifications not working Windows 10
- Open the Options
- Open the Notifications
- Check the Enable Push Notifications
- If you want to, also check the Notify of trader transactions box.
- Click OK to save the changes.
If your MetaTrader push alerts are still not working, make sure you have downloaded the mobile version of the software on your smartphone.
Use the MetaQuotes ID to test the notification feature from the Notifications tab.
- Open the app on your smartphone.
- Go to Settings and select Message.
- Enter the MetaQuites ID to test the notification.
To be able to receive notifications on your Android and iOS device from your MetaTrader app, you need to enable push notifications from the Options.
Reinstall MetaTrader 4
If the push notification feature stopped working after installing a Windows 10 update, make sure you have installed the latest update available for MetaTrader 4.
If the issue persists, reinstall MetaTrader to see if that resolves the issue. Make sure you claim your additional invitation if provided by MetaQuotes before reinstalling the software.
The Metatrader 4 push alert not working and MetaTrader not working on Windows 10 issue usually occur after installing a Windows 10 update. Follow the steps in the article to fix the issue.
Don’t forget to let us know which method helped you fix the error in the comments.