Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Microsoft’s Mixer will go through some major changes in the near future. The main focus is on reducing harmful content, help streamers evolve, and build a positive community.
Since Mixer’s launch in May 2017, the total number of hours that viewers have spent watching content each month has grown nearly 17x – that’s based on an average growth rate of more than 12% each month for the past 25 months. Of course… we’re not done yet.
He also acknowledges that the community was a big help throughout the evolution of the platform:
The Mixer community is positive, welcoming and supportive, and you have consistently given us insightful feedback, ideas and support.
What are the biggest changes to Microsoft’s Mixer?
Some of the most noticeable changes to Mixer are:
- You can now report inappropriate content directly from the player window.
- A new Streamer Review system to better monitor new streamers on Mixer.
- A new Toxicity Screen system to give streamers information and control over the interactions on their channel.
- More focus on digital safety and increased security.
- A new monetization program for streamers, starting with Mixer Embers and channel subscriptions followed by other features over the time.
- An overhaul of the Streamer Analytics.
- New Streamer Progression dashboard to better understand what to do to earn access to additional promotion, streamer perks, support and monetization features on Mixer.
- The launch of Mixer Academy later this year – a program that will help you improve in areas like audience engagement, monetization, and branding.
Maybe the most important change is that Mixer is removing the Mixer Create app from mobile app stores and removing the ability to stream from that app:
This does not affect the main Mixer Mobile app for viewers; and streamers can continue to use the main Mixer Mobile app as a companion experience to monitor chat during their broadcasts.
If your an Xbox gamer, a Windows 10 streamer, or you just simply like to watch video games online, than this is great news for you. These changes will make Mixer a lot more secure, toxic-free, and user-friendly.