- Many users report experiencing mouse lag in CSGO, but there's a quick way to fix this issue.
- A specialized software that will update the mouse driver is best way to address this problem.
- Disabling certain options within CSGO is yet another quick way of fixing the mouse lag.
- If you're experiencing CSGO mouse stutter, you can fix it by changing the keyboard settings.
A mouse lag while playing CSGO or other games on your PC is nothing else but a nightmare and a reason for frustration for anyone.
This will definitely affect your user experience, and the game performance can be drastically reduced.
In this article, we will explore the easiest way of fixing the mouse lag in CSGO, so make sure to keep on reading.
How can I fix the mouse lag in CSGO?
1. Update your mouse driver
Ensuring that you have installed the official driver of your mouse is the first thing we suggest you do. You can do it manually via the Settings panel of your PC or via the manufacturer’s official website.
However, using dedicated software to make sure a clean and correct installation of your mouse driver is the most reliable recommendation.
Some of the most common Windows errors and bugs are a result of old or incompatible drivers. The lack of an up-to-date system can lead to lag, system errors or even BSoDs.
To avoid these types of problems, you can use an automatic tool that will find, download, and install the right driver version on your Windows PC in just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer create any problems if you download and use this powerful software today.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Disable the V-Sync within CSGO
When V-sync is enabled in CSGO, the game synchronizes the frame rate of the game with your monitor’s refresh rate with the purpose of providing better stability within the game.
Although enhanced stability is desirable, this doesn’t always mean that the game’s performance improves and may even lead to mouse lag in CSGO.
By disabling the V-sync, the frame rate cap will be unlocked, and also the screen tearing along with the input lag.
To perform this action, open your CSGO game, locate the V-Sync option in the video settings, and disable it.
3. Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter
- Press Windows + R to launch the Run command, type the following command in the text field, and hit Enter:
msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
Troubleshooters are one of the easiest ways to automatically identify and eliminate issues. And if the mouse lags in CSGO, there’s just the one for you. Once done, play the game and verify if the mouse lag is fixed.
4. Change the repeat rate
- Press Windows + R to open the Run command, enter Control Panel in the text field, and then click OK.
- Select Large icons from the View by dropdown menu.
- Now, select Keyboard here.
- Next, change the Repeat delay and Repeat rate settings to match the settings from the image below.
- Click Apply and then OK to save the changes.
Once done, verify if the mouse lag in CSGO is fixed. If not, head to the next method.
5. Disable the automatic turn off
- Type Device Manager in the Search bar, and then click on the relevant search result.
- Locate and double-click the Universal Serial Bus controllers option.
- Right-click on the first USB Root Hub and click on Properties.
- Next, click on Power Management tab and untick the box for Allow the computer to turn of this device to save power.
- Click on OK to save the changes.
- Repeat the same steps for all the USBRoot Hubs that are listed.
If the power led to mouse lag in CSGO, things should now be working fine, and you would have eliminated the problem.
Also, find out how to optimize settings for the best gaming performance on your Windows PC.
If you have additional recommendations and suggestions, don’t hesitate to write them in the comments section below.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.