- Windows 10 is the backbone of the modern computing environment and it has brought us many cherished features throughout the years.
- The capacity to toggle between monitors is one of them and here are some easy methods to do just that.
- Already a dual monitors fan? Check out these Best Dual Monitors Software Tools for the perfect match.
- Explore our Windows 10 Guides as well to get more out of your Windows 10 PC.
Windows 10 has brought us many interesting features and there are still many others to look forward to. One of them is the ability to easily move apps from one monitor to another one.
So, if you want to move apps to another screen in Windows 10, here are some really easy ways to do it.
How to move a fullscreen window to another monitor
DisplayFusion makes dual monitors handling as simple as it gets. This feature-rich Windows desktop utility boasts a unique combination of powerful, yet intuitive options that will allow you to manage multiple monitors effortlessly.
Plus, your DisplayFusion experience is entirely customizable starting with the Hotkeys to the Power User Menu, TitleBar Buttons, and even appearance thanks to stunning wallpapers and screen savers.
Let’s quickly look at its key features:
- Multi-Monitor Taskbars (to keep your windows organized on each monitor)
- Impressive library of desktop wallpapers and screen savers from multiple online sources
- Monitor Set up Panel (enable easy configuration with precise settings)
- Monitor Splitting and Fading (to divide your monitor into multiple sections and dim unused ones while focusing on particular tasks)
- Preset Commands and Remote Control from your smartphone or tablet
The best part is that you get to experience all these amazing features risk-free thanks to a free trial period, courtesy of DisplayFusion.
2. How to move task manager to other monitor
Windows 10 comes with a lot of new features, mainly meant to appeal to desktop users, but there are also plenty for mobile users, as well.
One of the newest features is the ability to move apps from one monitor to another one, in case you have set up multiple monitors in Windows 1.
And here’s how to do this: Use WIN + CTRL + to move the Task manager or the active app of your choice to another monitor.
Another solution that you can youse, is simply dragging your app to the second monitor. Here’s how to do that:
- Open an app. After it opens, click the Restore Down button on the upper-right corner of the app
- Once the app minimized in the taskbar at the bottom of your desktop, left-click and hold the cursor on the app icon
- Continue holding the left-click and drag the app to the left or the right edge of your first monitor (depending on where your second monitor is positioned)
- Drag it until it enters the desktop of the second monitor and release the left-click
3. Shortcut keys to move one window to another monitor
Here are some other new keyboard shortcuts for navigating and managing your multiple desktops in Windows 10:
- Snapping window: WIN + LEFT or RIGHT (can be used with UP or DOWN to get into quadrants)
- Switch to recent window: ALT + TAB (unchanged) – Hold shows new Task view window view, let go, and switches to the app.
- Task view: WIN + TAB – New Task view opens up and stays open.
- Create new virtual desktop: WIN + CTRL + D
- Close current virtual desktop: WIN + CTRL + F4
- Switch virtual desktop: WIN + CTRL + LEFT or RIGHT
There you go, these commands should help you move a window to another monitor or open a program on a second monitor in Windows 10 effortlessly.
Feel free to share any questions or suggestions with us via the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use the CTRL and Win keys to switch between displays or CTRL and Win + Left/Right to toggle between virtual desktops.
Unlock the taskbar first, then select the desired area with the mouse and drag it to the second monitor. If you’re dealing with an unresponsive taskbar, check out this easy guide to fix it.
Run the game in Windowed mode and drag it to the screen you want. Feel free to check out the complete procedure in this step-by-step guide.