- When MSI Dragon Center is not installing, it's likely a problem with the setup or the critical permissions have not been granted.
- To fix things, run the installer with administrative privilege, or try the other methods here.
- Also, find out if you can install MSI Dragon Center on other laptops.
MSI Dragon Center is one of the tools preferred by gamers using computers manufactured by MSI. And it generally comes preinstalled. But, several users who either uninstalled it or didn’t receive the tool, reported that MSI dragon center is not installing.
This could be due to several reasons, ranging from problems with the setup itself or installing a previous version when a newer version already exists on the computer.
But, don’t worry! All these issues are easily fixable. Just read the following sections to find out all about MSI Dragon Center and how to proceed when it’s not installing.
Do I need to install MSI Dragon Center?
But again, that’s not the case with all and could just as well be another problem or a trivial bug with the MSI Dragon Center.
So, it’s up to you but we would recommend at least trying the software since it offers a bunch of customizations including the ability to control the fan speed.
What does MSI Dragon Center do?
MSI Dragon Center allows users to monitor the computer’s performance and optimize it. Along with that, there’s the option to control the RBG effects or use the mobile app to oversee and make the necessary modifications to the PC.
Does MSI Dragon Center work on any laptop?
No, the MSI Dragon Center wouldn’t work on every laptop but only the ones manufactured by MSI. In case you want to optimize the performance on another laptop, there are several effective optimization software tools available.
How do I fix MSI Dragon Center not installing?
1. Run the installer as an administrator
- Right-click on the installer, and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- Click Yes on the UAC prompt.
- Next, follow the on-screen instructions.
If you find that the MSI Dragon Center package installation is not completed, it could be due to a lack of required permissions. To fix that, just run it as an administrator.
2. Check if you are installing the latest version
Many users reported encountering the error while installing an older version of MSI Dragon when a newer version already existed on the computer.
So, verify if the version you are installing is newer than the one installed on the computer. The version could be identified from the name of the installer file itself.
Besides, if the MSI Dragon Center download is not working, refresh the download page or restart the browser.
3. Reinstall the MSI Dragon Center
- Press Windows + R to launch the Run command, enter appwiz.cpl in the text field, and click OK.
- Select the MSI Dragon Center entry, and click on Uninstall at the top.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process. Similarly, uninstall the MSI SDK file.
- Next, go to the MSI Dragon Center’s official website, and click on the Download Now button to get the MSI Dragon Center offline package.
- Once completed, right-click on the downloaded file (Zip format), and select Extract all.
- Click on Browse if you want to change the location, tick the checkbox for Show extracted files when complete, and then click Extract.
- Double-click on the Dragon Center folder.
- Launch the setup for it.
- Click Yes in the UAC prompt.
- Select the installation language, and click OK.
- Click on Install and wait for the process to complete.
If nothing else has worked, completely uninstalling and then reinstalling MSI Dragon Center would be the only solution. In case the error doesn’t go away, you can also try an effective software uninstaller to remove MSI Dragon Center in Windows 11 before reinstalling it.
These were all the ways you can fix things when MSI Dragon Center is not installing. Also, these would work if you come across the Dragon Center is found. This installation will be canceled error.
Besides, find out what to do if Gaming Mode is not working in MSI Dragon Center.
Tell us which fix worked for you in the comments section below.