How to Fix Modern Warfare 2 Vault Edition Not Working
Top fixes for MW2 Vault Edition not working
- Players complain about Modern Warfare 2 Vault Edition not working after they paid for the upgrade.
- Corrupt game installation files and Account licensing issues can cause the Vault Edition not to work.
- Installing the available game files and add-ons and scanning and repairing the game files can fix the error.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is one of the best first-person shooter games. Even though the game is quite pricey, a Vault edition is released and costs more money. However, users report Modern Warfare 2 Vault Edition not working after paying for it.
Likewise, players complain about other issues like Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare not saving settings after adjusting it.
Why is Modern Warfare 2 Vault Edition not working?
Modern Warfare 2 Vault Edition not working is common to Xbox, PlayStation 4 & 5, and PCs. It can occur in variations like Modern Warfare 2 Vault Edition upgrade not working on PC and Modern Warfare 2 Vault Edition content not working on Xbox.
Furthermore, the error can occur on the device for many reasons. Some factors that may be responsible are:
- Corrupt game installation file – Bugs and corrupted files cause the game to malfunction, resulting in an error. You can check out the best file repair software to fix corrupted files here.
- Issues with Account licensing – If the license has expired or needs to be reactivated, the game will not work.
- Using the New Zealand hack – Some players changed their time zone to New Zealand for early access, but that can trigger issues with the game not working.
These causes may vary on different devices. Nonetheless, we’ll take you through some basic troubleshooting steps for fixing the problem.
What can I do if Modern Warfare 2 Vault Edition is not working on Xbox/PC?
Go through the following preliminary checks:
- Turn off apps running in the background on your computer.
- Relaunch the Modern Warfare 2 Vault Edition.
- If you are using the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 New Zealand hack, reset to your timezone and await the official launch.
- Restart your PC/Xbox and check if the problem persists.
- You may also request to repair your console. Do not hesitate to consult the Device service and repair page to submit a repair request.
The Modern Warfare 2 Vault Edition not working issue can be solved with the solutions below.
1. Install all available game files and add-ons on Xbox
- Using your controller, select My Games and Apps from the Xbox menu.
- Press the Menu button and go to the Manage games and add-ons tab.
- Select the Modern Warfare 2 game.
- Install all available game files and add-ons.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, then select Profile & system, and select Settings.
- Go to General, go to Power Options, and select Restart now.
- Restart the console and check if the issue persists in the game.
Installing all game files will fix the problem if it is due to game installation files not being fully installed on your console. This solution will fix the Vault edition MW2 not working Xbox problem.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
If the MW2 Vault Edition is not showing up in the store, you may change the region of your console and search again.
2. Restore licenses on PlayStation
- Go to your PlayStation Settings.
- Select Users and Accounts and choose Other.
- Select Restore Licences.
On PlayStation consoles, the most common cause of Modern Warfare 2 Vault Edition not working is that the licenses are not loaded, and this solution will fix the problem.
3. Restart Windows in Safe Mode
- On the sign-in screen, press the Shift key while holding the Power button.
- Hold the shift key to open the Advanced Recovery Options page.
- Click on Troubleshoot, then select the Advanced options.
- Click on Startup Settings.
- Press 4 to Enable Safe Mode and select Restart.
Restarting Windows in Safe Mode will fix any startup issues that may interrupt the game. It’ll resolve the Vault Edition Modern Warfare 2 not working.
4. Scan and repair Modern Warfare 2 on PC
- Left-click the Start button, type Battle.net, then open the desktop app.
- Select Modern Warfare 2 in your library and click Settings next to the Play button.
- Click on the Scan and Repair option, then Begin Scan.
- If the scan finds any corrupt or missing files, it’ll automatically repair them.
- Restart your game and check if the issue persists.
Repairing your game files can fix corrupt installation files causing the Vault Edition not to work in your game. Check ways to repair Blizzard games with corrupt files for more information.
In case the MW2 Vault Edition upgrade is not working, you may also think about reinstalling the game with the previous version.
You’re probably asking: Is the MW2 Vault edition worth it? Many players say it does, but that only depends on your assessment.
Alternatively, read our guide on fixing Modern Warfare packet loss and get your game to work. Likewise, our readers can check our article on Dev Error 6068 in Modern Warfare and how to fix it.
For further queries or questions concerning this guide, you can drop a comment in the section below.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.