The Windows doesn’t have a network profile for this device error is a wireless connection issue that can arise for some users. Some users have stated that error message pops up when they try to connect new wireless devices, such as Epson printers, to Windows desktops or laptops.
How to enable network profile for Epson printers
1. Double-check the Printer’s Windows Compatibility
First, double-check the Epson printer is compatible with the desktop’s or laptop’s Windows platform. Users can do that by entering their printer model in the Find Your Product search box on Epson’s website. Then click Tech Specs and General on the printer’s page to check its platform compatibility.
2. Select the Private Option
- Open Cortana’s search by pressing the Windows key + S hotkey.
- Enter ‘wifi’ in the search box.
- Select WiFi Settings to open the window shown below.
- Then click the network listed on that window to open the options shown directly below.
- Select the Private radio button.
3. Open the Network Adapter Troubleshooter
- Open Cortana’s search box.
- Enter ‘troubleshoot’ as the search keyword.
- Select Troubleshoot settings to open the Settings window as below.
- Select Network Adapter and click Run the troubleshooter.
- Select the required network adapter option, and press the Next button.
- Then users can go through the Network Adapter troubleshooter’s fixes.
4. Configure the Printer’s Port
- Launch Run by pressing the Windows key and R.
- Input ‘Control Panel’ in Run’s text box, and select the OK option.
- Next, enter ‘printer’ in the Control Panel’s search box.
- Click View devices and printers to open the window shown below.
- Right-click the grayed out a printer that the “Windows doesn’t have a network profile for this device” error arises for and select Printer properties.
- Next, select the Ports tab.
- Select the Configure Port option.
- Then deselect the SNMP Status Enabled option on the Port Settings tab.
- Press the OK button.
5. Check the SNMP Service is Enabled
The SNMP Service also needs to running for users to connect wireless Epson printers. Thus, some users might need to enable that service. This is how users can check the SNMP Service is on.
- Open the Run accessory.
- Input ‘service.msc’ in the Open box and click OK.
- Double-click SNMP Service to open its window as in the snapshot below.
- Select Automatic on the Startup type drop-down menu.
- Select the Start button.
- Then press the Apply button, and click OK to exit the window.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT: