The object invoked has disconnected from its clients error can be rather annoying since it will prevent you from accessing your files. If you ever encountered this dreaded error while trying to open up your audio and video files on Windows 10, then you know how that feels.
All you want is for your Windows to play your video files normally, and open the selected photo after double-clicking it, but no matter what you do the situation persists? Are you worried that you might have lost your files forever? That is surely not the case, and in this article we will explore some of the best ways to solve this issue. Read on to find out more.
How can I fix The object invoked has disconnected from its clients error?
1. Change the file properties
- For the sake of this example, we will assume that the files that can’t be open are image files (it works on any file type in the same way).
- Open up the folder in which your photos are stored.
- Right-click on one of the photos, and choose Properties.
- This will open up the Properties window.
- In the General tab you will find a section named Opens with, and a Change button next to it.
- Click on the Change button, and then a new window will appear that will allow you to choose a program either from your hard drive or from the Windows Store.
- Click on Apply, and Ok
- Now, the photos should be able to open without any issues.
Note: If your problem persists you can keep trying different software options from the WindowsStore, and if all of them fail, you can try the next 2 solutions.
2. Use System File Checker
- Click on Start button, and search for the Windows System folder.
- Open it up and right-click on Command Prompt > More> choose Run as administrator from the menu.
- After the Command Prompt has opened up, type in cd and press Enter.
- Type sfc /scannow and press Enter again.
- After the process is complete, type exit > press Enter and restart your computer.
3. Repair Windows 10 installation
- Either mount the Windows ISO file to your PC or insert the physical Windows installation CD/DVD into your CD-Rom/Dvd-Rom.
- This will open up the Windows installation menu.
- Choose the Upgrade option in order to avoid losing any personal files, settings, and apps.
- You will not need a product key, as the activation will be performed automatically.
We hope the solutions we presented in this article solved your issue with the error The object invoked has disconnected from its clients. Users have reportedly solved the issue just by trying the first solution, but if that fails, you still have two useful options to try out.
Please feel free to let us know if this guide helped you by using the comment section found below.
- Windows 10 activation errors: Why they occur, how to fix them?
- Full Fix: ‘Open With’ Menu Missing In Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- How to fix “1603 fatal error during installation” in Windows 10