How to open Temporary Internet Files in Windows 10
The Temporary Internet Files folder is where all the websites that you have visited online is stored to allow for easy reference the next time you visit the same site again. Specifically, it is a folder on Windows 10 where all the website content along with the multimedia files and everything else related to the website is cached. This way, the same when accessed again will load faster than otherwise.
However, in spite of the benefit as mentioned above, a cache too big can also have an adverse effect on the performance of the device. That also is the reason it needs to be emptied periodically. Other reasons you might want to access the temporary internet files folder is that you need to visit a site that you have visited earlier and so on.
Steps to open Temporary Internet Files
Either way, here is how you can reach the Temporary Internet Files folder on a Windows 10 PC.
- Launch Internet Explorer. You can do that simply by typing Internet Explorer in the search bar and pressing enter.
- Click on the Tools icon. It is located along the top right corner and has the shape of a cog wheel.
- Next, click on Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options window, under the General tab (shows by default) and Browsing History, click on Setting tab.
- This will launch the Website Data Setting window. There, along the bottom right is the View Files button.
- Click on that. You will be led to a new window containing all the files pertaining to the websites you have visited before you had last deleted all your browsing history.
- Also, since the content of the Temporary Internet Files folder is still occupying disk space and hence can impact performance, it does make sense to get rid of those files if not needed.
Delete Temporary Internet Files
Here is how you can empty the Temporary Internet Files folder.
Deleting temporary files in Windows 10 is as easy as it can get using the Disk cleanup utility. Here are the steps:
- Type Disk cleanup at the taskbar search box and select the same from the search results shown.
- A windows pops up showing the files you can delete and the amount of disk space you can reclaim after having deleted those. You can select all, or just the Temporary Internet Files if you are only concerned with that.
- Select OK and that’s it. All your temporary internet files will be removed from your system.
So that is how you gain access the Temporary Internet Files Folder in Windows 10, or delete the same if not needed anymore.
Also, here are some other related stuff that too might be of interest to you.
- ‘Free up space now’ cleans Windows 10 junk files in less than 2 minutes
- Msdownld.tmp on Internet Explorer: What is it and how to remove it?
- Delete Outlook Temporary Files on Windows 10
The PDF format is one of the most popular file formats in the world. That’s why it is absolutely essential to have an excellent PDF […]
Even if you live in one of the most developed countries in the world, where everything seems to work perfectly, computer privacy is often under […]
The thought of producing EDM (electronic dance music) may have crossed your mind several times especially if you are a content creator, budding music artist […]