- Opera is a lightweight browser and requires minimum specs to operate on any system.
- Ideally, 2GB RAM would ensure a smooth performance of the browser.
- Network issues or compatibility issues can prevent the browser from installing on your system.
Before installing the Opera browser on your device, it is integral to know Opera’s minimum requirements. This will ensure your device is compatible to run the browser without bugs.
Opera is one of the most popular browsers and definitely an industry topper. Many users prefer it due to the customization flexibility it avails.
Also, its constant upgrades, lightweight, and highly secured features make it an exceptional value for its users. Hence, in this article, we will address the Opera browser requirements.
Is Opera compatible with Windows 10/11?
The simple answer is Yes. Opera browser supports Windows 10//11 so far the right version is installed. Although some users do complain of minor errors and issues, these can be solved easily.
What platform does Opera run on?
Opera is a multi-platform chromium browser yet it easily stands out thanks to the interface and its add-on.
Further, the Opera browser works on Windows, macOS, Android, Linux, iOS, Symbian OS, and BeOS. Often, it is preinstalled on some Windows devices by Microsoft.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
What is the latest version of Opera?
Due to constant updates and customization improvements, Opera always updates the app. The latest version of Opera is version 89.0.4447.51. You can easily check this on your browser by following this path:
OperaThis browser is improving and evolving constantly, check to have the latest version installed.
How much RAM is needed for Opera?
Ideally, to download and run the browser seamlessly, you need a minimum of 2GB RAM. However, 512MB/1GB RAM can be used also as it meets Opera’s requirements, but it would lag or slow down a lot. RAM is an essential part that contributes to the speed and performance of applications.
What are the Opera system requirements?
- Intel Pentium 4 or later
- AMD Athlon 64 or later
- Hard Disk Drives
- 512MB RAM
- ZIP, Jaz, and other removable media
- Network storage support
- Super VGA (640×480) or higher resolution video adapter.
- Intel Pentium 4
- AMD Athlon 64 processor or later with support for SSE2
These are the basic system requirements to run the Opera browser without hassles. However, it is often advised to have higher specs to improve the experience of using the browser. The higher the specs, the better the browsing experience.
Why is Opera not installing?
There are many causes for this problem and some of them are highlighted below:
- Damaged setup file: If the downloaded file is corrupt or not completed, there will be an installation problem. Hence, downloading from the official site can help fix this.
- Insufficient privileges: In some cases, Opera might fail to install because it is being restricted. So, using an administrator account will help override this problem.
- Internet connection issues: If there’s a problem with your Internet connection and you are not using the offline installer, this may occur. Ensure your connection is stable.
- Firewall or antivirus is blocking the app: Sometimes, the firewall might prevent the installation of some apps. So, you can temporarily disable the firewall or the antivirus.
If your system checks all of the Opera browser system requirements, you should be able to install it easily.
We hope that the above details made things clear for you. Let us know in the comments if you happen to have any questions.