- Opera is an extremely reliable web browser based on the Chromium engine.
- The article below will showcase what you can do if your Opera installation fails.
- To read more about how you can solve Opera problems, visit our Opera Fix Hub.
- If you want to read more about Opera in general, visit our website's Opera section.
Did encounter Opera browser failed to install error whenever you want to update or install your Opera web browser? You are not alone.
In some cases, the Opera installer just lags in the Downloading state for about 20 minutes, and nothing ever happens. In other cases, users have reported that after running the installer, and waiting for it to load for a good amount of time, they get this error.
A wide number of users have reported problems with this very issue, and even though the developers at Opera didn’t release an official fix, we will explore some potential solutions in this article.
This issue occurs because there’s a problem with the setup file. The quickest way to fix the issue is to download Opera offline installer and use it to install the application.
The offline installer doesn’t use the Internet connection to download files, so you should be able to install the browser without any issues.
What to do if Opera isn’t installing on Windows 10?
Install Opera through the online installer
Opera should only be installed from official sources where you will be provided with a direct download link from the official Opera website.
Downloading and installing Opera setup packages that are hosted n a third-party website is not recommended.
Some users have managed to circumvent this error by downloading the official Opera offline installer, and following the on-screen instructions like you would do it normally.
- Download the Opera Installer
- Select where you want to download the Opera Installer, then click on Save.
- After the download is complete, click on the executable file to run it.
- This will open up the installer. In the case you want to customize the installation of Opera on your PC, you can click on Options.
- Here you can change the Language, installation location, and also the default settings for your browser. To start the installation, click the Install button.
- The installation process will now start. Once it is finished, you will be able to start Opera and start browsing the internet without any issues.
In this article, we explored a quick fix for the Opera browser failed to install error. Using this method you will surely be able to fix this problem with ease.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in May 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in July 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.