- Opera is an extremely reliable Chromium-based web browser whose popularity is on the rise.
- It's only fair to be incensed if Opera failed to install. Fortunately, we have a great tip to fix Opera not downloading issues.
- But first things first: only use a trusted and official source in order to avoid Opera not installing Windows 10 bugs.
- Finally, to deal with Opera browser not downloading on your PC, simply go for the Opera offline installer.
Many users complained that Opera failed to install for no apparent reasons. Now, this error is not uncommon and it may appear when trying to either update or install the browser on your Windows 10 PC.
In some cases, the Opera installer just lags for about 20 minutes, leading to Opera not downloading. So, nothing ever happens. In other cases, users have reported that after running the installer, and waiting for it to load for a good amount of time, they get this error.
A wide number of users have reported struggling with this very issue, and even though the developers at Opera didn’t release an official fix, we will explore some potential solutions for Opera not installing Windows 10.
As it turns out, a damaged setup file can lead to Opera browser not downloading issues. So, the quickest way to fix this is to get your hands on the Opera offline installer and use it that instead.
The offline installer doesn’t use the Internet connection to download files, so you should be able to install the browser without any issues.
How do I fix Opera not installing?
Install Opera through the offline installer
Like any other piece of software, Opera should only be installed from trusted sources where you will be provided with a direct download link from the official Opera website.
Downloading and installing Opera setup packages that are hosted on a third-party website is not recommended.
Your trusted browser can only come from a trusted site – rethink the Web now!
Some users have managed to circumvent the Opera failed to install error by obtaining the official Opera offline installer, and following the on-screen instructions like you would do it normally.
- Download the Opera Installer
- Select where you want to download the Opera Installer, then click on Save.
- After the download is complete, click on the executable file to run it.
- This will open up the installer. In case you want to customize the installation of Opera on your PC, you can click on Options.
- Here you can change the language, installation location, and also the default settings for your browser. Simply click the Install button to start the process.
- The installation process will now start. Once it is finished, you will be able to start Opera and start browsing the internet without any issues.
In this article, we explored a quick fix for the Opera not downloading issue. Using this method, you will surely be able to fix this problem with ease.
What’s more, you can apply these very same steps to fix Opera GX not downloading issues. So, if Opera GX failed to install, you can still use the offline installer tool.