- Follow the steps presented in this guide to successfully modify your Orbi default password.
- Modifying your Orbi password is essential in order to ensure that your WiFi network can't be accessed by third party users.
- If you're interested in more detailed guides on a variety of topics, check out our comprehensive How-To Hub.
- To explore the subject of managing your passwords, visit our Manage Passwords section.
The Orbi Home WiFi System from Netgear offers fast and reliable WiFi without dead zones. The system arrives with a default username and password out of the box.
The default Orbi password is typically admin for username and password for the password.
Now, what if you want to change the Orbi default password or if you have forgotten the password? Changing the Orbi default password is easy and takes not more than a few minutes.
This also applies if you want to recover your forgotten password.
In this article, we take a look at how to change and recover the Orbi default password to keep your home network safe.
How do I change and recover my Orbi default password?
1. What is the default Orbi password?
- Open the web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the Orbi network.
- Navigate to the Orbi login page.
- In the user name and password field, enter the default Orbi username and password.
username – admin
Password – password
- Most of the router manufacturers use admin and password as the default credential combination.
While the default Orbi password is easy to remember, it is not secure. Anyone with a basic understanding of the router can gain access to your router and the network.
To strengthen the security of your home WiFi network, make sure to change the default Orbi password and username.
2. Change Orbi WiFi default password
- Open the web browser on your computer or mobile device. Make sure it is connected to the Orbi network.
- Navigate to the Orbi login page.
- It will ask you to enter the password. So, enter the following default Orbi username and password.
- Once logged in, open the Advanced option.
- Go to Administration and select Set Password.
- Enter the new password and username that you want to set.
- Click Apply to save the changes.
Make sure to enter a long password with a mix of special characters, numbers, and letters to strengthen it.
If you find it hard to remember a long password or afraid that you might forget it, try using a password manager to manage all of your passwords.
In case the default Orbi password did not work, or if you had changed your default password and then forgotten it, follow the steps below to recover forgotten Orbi password.
3. Recover forgotten Orbi password
- Navigate to the Netgear login webpage.
- Select the ‘Forgot your password?’ option.
- In the Reset your password window, enter the email address that is associated with your Orbi account.
- Click Reset My Password.
- Netgear will send a password reset link to your email address.
- Open the link and enter your new Orbi password.
- Click on Submit to change the password.
Changing the Orbi default router password is easy if you haven’t changed the password earlier. If not, you have to reset the password using your email account and set a new Orbi password to access the router admin panel.
FAQs: Learn more about Netgear Orbi credentials
- How do I reset my Orbi admin password?
You can reset the Orbi admin password by accessing the Orbi registration page. Click on Forgot your password, enter your email address and then you can reset the password. This can be applied to all Netgear Orbi routers.
- How do I log into the Orbi router?
Open any web browser on your computer or a mobile device that is connected to the Orbi router. Go to http://orbilogin.com and enter your Orbi user name and password.
- How do I factory reset my Orbi?
Make sure your device is powered on. Locate the small Reset button on the back of your Orbi router. Use a paper clip or other pointy object to press and hold the Reset button until the power LED on your device blinks amber.