Keeping all your emails at your disposal can help you save time and better organize your daily tasks.
And finding the right fix by yourself might take some time, which is not really ideal especially if you have something better to do.
But, that’s why we are here for you. Thus, during the following guidelines we will try to outline the easiest way in which you can fix the Outlook issue where it cannot connect to Gmail – especially the situation when the mail client keeps asking for a password whenever you try to access or add a new Gmail account.
Easily fix Outlook cannot connect to Gmail
In a few words, the problem can be handled by enable IMAP from Gmail and use App Password to login – the app password is a one-time password which replaces the classic two-step verification.
Anyway, here is what needs to be applied:
- Login to your Gmail account.
- Next, access the Settings page.
- From Settings switch to Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Just make sure that IMAP is enabled in that page.
- Save your changes.
- Good; now open your Outlook app.
- From Outlook click on File and select Add Account.
- Choose Manual setup of additional server types and afterwards choose Next.
- When asked, select Pop or IMAP and fill out the rest of the fields: enter your name, the email address, complete the Logon Information field and then, inside Incoming mail server enter imap.gmail.com, while on Outgoing mail server enter smtp.gmail.com.
- When done, click on the More Settings button.
- From the window that will be displayed switch to Outgoing Server and select the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication option.
- Switch to Advanced tab and from the drop down menu select ‘use SSL to encrypt your connection’.
- The IMAP port number must be 993; similarly, the port number for SMTP must be 465.
- Save your changes.
- Access your Gmail account – click on your profile image and choose my account.
- Pick Sign-in & security and choose Connected apps & sites.
- From there enable the Allow less secure apps field.
- Save your changes and return to Outlook.
- Now you should be able to connect your Gmail account from Outlook.
So, there you go. The steps from above should help you properly configure your Gmail account so that it can be afterwards recognized and accessed by Outlook.
However, if you are still having problems while trying to connect to Gmail from Outlook, don’t hesitate and contact us – try to offer as much details as possible because based on these info we can find a better fix for your problem.
The easiest way in which you can get in touch with us will be by using the comments field that’s available below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to remove the Gmail sidebar on Windows 10
- How to fix Gmail attachment errors
- How to fix the “Oops, the system encountered a problem” Gmail error