- Google Chrome is a versatile browser and this is why it’s the most popular browser in the world. It is great because you can easily enhance with a wide range of extensions.
- In this article, we’ll present to you some of the best Chrome extensions for PDF files.
- We’d strongly recommended a tool such as Adobe Reader. Chances are you’ll love what this amazing e-book reader software has to offer.
- Want to learn more about Google Chrome? Check out our Chrome Hub for more guides and news.
These tools directly add PDF documents to the Cloud and use GViewer to display PDF forms so that you don’t have to download and view them.
Other extensions allow you to save a webpage in PDF format after editing, while the third category of extensions allows direct online PDF form filling.
This is much more convenient in comparison to filling a PDF form offline.
Another interesting extension category for Chrome is PDF bookmarking. This type of extension is essential when you’re reading a lengthy PDF and you have to stop in the middle of it.
In this case, you can save the bookmark and then open the PDF in Google Docs later and start reading from where you left off.
The extensions that allow you to download web pages in PDF format will save you the trouble of opening the page in your browser.
Instead, pages will be opened in the PDF viewer and then you can edit them using the extension.
The extensions which put the PDF in the Cloud allows you to edit your documents with ease. Check out some of our favorites below.
What are the best PDF Chrome extensions to use?
1. Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe Acrobat Reader is a great software tool that helps individuals and small businesses to view files that have been stored in Adobe’s Portable Document Format.
If Adobe Reader becomes your choice as well, you may also create, encrypt, decrypt, reorder, and crop, any of your PDF files with ease.
In order to view and further manipulate PDFs directly in your Chrome browser, make sure you choose to install the Chrome Extension for Acrobat Reader.
To do this, follow the easy steps described below:
- Click here to start downloading the Reader.
- In the new window that opens, make sure to check the Install Chrome Extension box (as seen in the image on the left)
- Follow the steps prompted on-screen (1 to 3) to complete the installation process.
Adobe is a name in the software industry, so expect an excellent user interface that conveniently includes all the features you need for any quick action from highlighting important phrases, adding notes to keep you organized, remove text/images, and send PDFs for signatures.
These are some of the Adobe Reader key features that you’ll probably enjoy using:
- Incredible OCR scan function to convert documents into readable, searchable, and editable text
- Intuitive Read Out Loud functionality appreciated by people with hearing disabilities and not only
- You may share documents to collect comments from multiple reviewers
- It is connected to Adobe Document Cloud, so you may easily access different files from various devices
- The Acrobat Reader mobile app lets you convert, edit, and sign PDFs on the fly
2. Kami – PDF and Document Markup
Kami is a reliable PDF tool that allows users to view, share, annotate, and collaborate on PDFs.
This is an extension for Chrome as well as an app, and you’ll see that this particular tool works well with Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer.
Begin by dragging and dropping a file from your desktop or importing one from Google Drive, Dropbox, or Box.
After that, take advantage of annotation features which include highlight, strikethrough, and underline, Add comments, Add or select text, Draw and erase, Split or merge, and Share, export, or print.
Kami is a fantastic tool for working with PDF files and offers more features if you upgrade to a premium plan.
The free version of the tool will provide you all the basics that you need for viewing and for editing your PDFs.
3. Docs Online Viewer
This tool automatically previews PDFs, PowerPoint presentations, and other documents and with it, you won’t need to download third-party apps to view your documents.
In this manner, you’ll use fewer resources and reduce the risk of downloading malicious documents. Docs Online Viewer is lightweight and tightly packed and doesn’t slow down your browser.
You can download this extension for free from the Chrome Store.
4. PDF Buddy
PDF Buddy is perfect for viewing and editing PDF files online. After you upload a file from your computer, you’ll be presented with editing options similar to Microsoft Word’s editor.
You can change the font size and style, use bold and italics, align your paragraphs, and pick font colors.
It also includes the following features: highlight, whiteout, transform, pen support, customizable shapes and symbols, and more.
With some neat features and a clean workspace, PDF Buddy is an excellent choice for viewing, editing, and annotating your PDFs.
You can download PDF Buddy for free from the Chrome Store.
5. Xodo PDF Viewer & Editor
Xodo PDF Viewer & Editor is a great tool for viewing, editing and annotating PDFs through an extension and an application for Chrome.
You have to drag and drop a file, or you can also import one from your local drive, from Dropbox or Google Drive.
You can then use the following features: Highlight, strikethrough, and underline, add comments and collaborate, add text, a shape, or a callout, add a signature, print, or save, merge and organize pages.
You can download the Xodo PDF Viewer & Editor for free from the Chrome Store.
FAQ: Learn more about Google Chrome
- How do I enable Chrome PDF viewer?
To enable Chrome PDF viewer, right-click your PDF document and choose Open With > Chrome. Use this dedicated article if Chrome PDF Viewer is not working.
- Does Google have a PDF editor?
Chrome doesn’t have a PDF editor, but you can add the PDF editing feature using Chrome extensions. For an informed choice, don’t hesitate to use this awesome list.
- Where is my PDF viewer?
In most cases, your browser acts as the default PDF viewer. If you choose to install a PDF viewer, it should be in the Program Files directory.
Editor’s Note: This article continues on the next page.