- Peacock has recently become the only place on the Internet where you can (legally) stream The Office.
- Unfortunately, Peacock is only available for US residents, which is upsetting for many.
- You can use various methods to hide your geolocation and access Peacock from outside the US.
- Using a VPN is arguably the best method since it also protects your privacy and connection security.
Peacock is NBC’s popular streaming service. Many argue that it’s even better and cheaper than Netflix.
We like to believe it gained a bit more popularity after it became the only platform where you can stream The Office after it left Netflix at the beginning of 2021.
Therefore, it makes sense why you’d want to jump in on this train as soon as possible.
However, as with many other streaming platforms, Peacock is not available for everyone.
In fact, if you’re not on US territory, you may face the dreaded Peacock is unavailable in your region error message.
But don’t fret, we’ve got a few tricks up our sleeve that should help you bypass Peacock geoblocks without breaking a sweat.
- Private Internet Access - Access content across the globe at the highest speed rate.
- NordVPN - Secure multiple devices and enjoy stable connections anywhere.
- SurfShark - Price convenient VPN service with all-rounded security features.
- CyberGhost - Connect to thousands of servers for persistent seamless browsing.
- ExpressVPN - Browse the web from multiple devices with increased security protocols.
How can I watch Peacock outside the US?
Use a VPN
- Buy a premium VPN subscription plan (we recommend Private Internet Access)
- Download the VPN installer on your device
- Install the VPN client
- Launch the VPN and log in to your account
- Connect to a US server (this step is important)
- Access Peacock’s website
- Register an account
- Enjoy streaming on Peacock
Private Internet Access is one of the best VPNs that work with a wide variety of streaming services, including Peacock.
Besides unblocking various geo-restricted content on the Internet, PIA can also protect your privacy and keep your connection secure.
It has a broad range of servers you can choose from and features an Internet kill switch.
Check out PIA’s main features:
- More than 22,000 fast servers worldwide
- Has a zero-logging policy
- Features military-grade encryption
- Supports OpenVPN and WireGuard protocols
- Includes Internet kill switch and split tunneling
- Accepts crypto, credit card, and PayPal payments
Private Internet Access
Is Peacock unavailable in your region? PIA can help you fix that.
Use a Smart DNS
Instead of using a VPN, you could use a Smart DNS service to access Peacock if it’s unavailable in your region.
What a Smart DNS service does is it replaces your ISP-assigned DNS with a private one.
As a result, websites you may try to access (such as Peacock) will detect you as being in the same location as your spoofed DNS indicates.
That’s precisely why you shouldn’t use such a service if you care about privacy and security.
If, on the other hand, you’re not concerned about your privacy, you should definitely go with a Smart DNS service.
Use a proxy server
Proxy servers have been used for a long time to hide your true identity online.
You simply configure your browser or your system with the server you chose and your traffic will be routed through the proxy.
Therefore, if Peacock is unavailable in your region, using a proxy server could help you fix this issue.
However, there are a bunch of drawbacks about using proxies.
Because most of them are free, they tend to become overcrowded. As a result, you’ll experience slowdowns and even random disconnections.
It goes without saying that streaming video content online requires a fast, stable connection.
To avoid the situation above, we suggest you invest in a paid proxy server or use a VPN.
Just a heads-up: proxy servers can’t always bypass geo-restrictions, unlike VPNs.
All things considered, there are several things you could try if Peacock is unavailable in your region.
One of the most popular methods to bypass this limitation is using a VPN, as it will not only unblock the service, but also protect your online privacy.
If you’re not concerned about your online privacy, however, you could also stick to a Smart DNS service.
Last, but not least, proxy servers can sometimes bypass georestrictions, but the drawbacks often outweigh the benefits of this type of service.
Your connection is not secure - websites you visit can find out your details:
- Your IP Address:
Companies can sell this information, alongside your location and internet provider name, and profit from it by serving targeted ads or monitoring your data usage.
We recommend Private Internet Access, a VPN with a no-log policy, open source code, ad blocking and much more; now 79% off.